1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stoner/Doom Bassists: 74 - A few of beebass' favorite things...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by CL400Peavey, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    LOL and I'm wanting to pay out the nose to ensure all I get is 100 pure plain maple. But I like the plain wood look, like a table. I'd do hickory, if it looked decent, since it'd never die.

2. Man the women in the office are man bashing today, I hope their husband's dry-gulch them next time lol
    Ouch!!! Plus now it is a cooler outside so they have stopped rocking the mini skirts so now they are boring and annoying whiners, gonna be a long winter
    Oh boohoo he didn't return my text fast enough, I think I will drive my Acura back home to my $500,000 home, work out in my home gym, then go in my theatre room, and just put on something sad and have a good cry

3. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    I dig plain wood in the extreme, unfinished. If it has to be finished why are we even using wood? Aluminum or graphite are much more stable. Raw wood is a feel thing for me. It just sucks its so damn expensive.

4. I have though of going full unfinished like a rat motorcycle, but think my acid sweat and dust and dirt would probably stop my left hand in place lol, like a fat kid with too short a pair of shorts on stopped short halfway down the slide

5. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA

So many cool short scale basses out their and I am not a fan of the length unfortunately.

6. I know it drives me nuts, I wish they would at least switch from 30 to 32 inch for short scales.

7. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Yea I don't care about the wood really, it' just an aethestics thing, I want a all maple bass so it looks the same all over, with a nice yellow tint, and it's doesn't get beat up as a fretboard so it'd be a good body I reckon.

Just found some bass VI finger style demo's they are by a chubby man, so if he can finger style surely I can. Saw Jack Bruce with one too, man that dude must be like 4 foot tall, he looked dwarfed by the 30 scale bass.

8. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Squier has several 32" scale, as do others, 30-34-35 is just the most common.

The new tele and cabrita (whore bass), and others are 32"

9. Man is it lame that I daydream at work about going home and rubbing tru oil on my bass neck and a stupid craft shop letter M and to see what they look like after another 24 hours

10. Yeah, I hope it catches on more, I played a nice Matsumoku Aria in 32 inch and didn't feel as awkward as a 30 inch scale to me, tension on the strings felt good and all.

11. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Tell me about it. At 6'5" I don't think I'm even allowed to touch them.

12. Look Supervoid has three guitarists now...

13. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Who doesn't dream of oiling up their wood and.............................?

14. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Speaking off which, what scale is you're EGC, 34?

15. ROFL

16. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Yeah, it's a normal 34" scale.

17. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    6'1" myself, got two 30.5" scale basses, both feel fine, I can't tell what the problem with them comes from.

I used to play a P bass forever so I love that giant neck too. The only thing I'd slight a SS bass for is a lack of depth, but the EB-0 with the artec pickup has way more depth and feel than my old full scales.

18. Yeah I can't tell if I should just go straight tru oil when I eventually get a body, or color or stain it first, I keep going back and forth, like I do love Warwick colored oil finishes, but if I got a natural color, then it looks kind of common to me, like so many natural poly guitars out there, and lots of solid colored guitars out there. Just to try something a little less common I suppose, a lot easier to mess up though If I just slapp tru oil on and say yep done, as I am learning as I go, guess I will swing by home depot and get some new wood and some stain or dye to try out, lol

19. I like their punch, they just feel funny to me in the lower register, which shouldn't because I play guitar, but short scale guitars feel that way to me too, probably a muscle memory thing.

20. s'up dawgs.