1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stoner/Doom Bassists: 75 - What's a stoner/doom?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by CL400Peavey, Oct 2, 2013.

1. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    Sup.

2. :bawl:
    I got used to the Flat in Florida, and now that I am in coastal Virginia it is flat again. I really miss the hills and mountains in PA. When I visit family my girlfriend gets a little bummed watching how sad I get the closer I get to our house since the last two hours of the ride you leave appalachia and I just get sadder and sadder the more flat it gets, she is always like don't you love our house and where we live, yes but it feels so naked and exposed, good fences make good neighbors

3. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Just left hot humid and rainy in Louisiana, fuuukin hated it.
    Just moved to cold humid and rainy in WA, fuuukin loving it.

4. Hot or cold or even humid is fine. Cold and rainy? No fuucking way. I prefer cold and snow to rain any day.

5. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Flat ground is depressing to me too. My wife hardly notices its strange though she keeps talking about short days and that i hardly notice.
    The bitch about the hills though is my element ain't doing so well with them. Spending alot of time over 3k, way more than I used to. Probably gonna get the trannie looked at to see if there is anything to be done to keep it from whining.

6. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI

I'll take the cold over heat any day. Colder the better. Like when it hurts to breath cold. Must be my French Canadian blood.

7. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    I can't deal with humidity...or hot weather in general. It makes me miserable.

Speaking of, why is it still like 80 out in Chicago in October....

8. bassboysam

bassboysam Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Ottawa, Ontario

Vive Le Quebec!

9. Yeah I am happier in that atmosphere as well. I used to cut meat/fish for a couple hours a day and my co-workers always game a strange look when I prefered that to the 120* cooking line.

Chicago is pretty close to MI weather. That lake will fuuck up mother natures plan. I remember standing on an El platform and saw that it was -40*. It was a little brisk.

10. bassboysam

bassboysam Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Ottawa, Ontario
    so what is the best bass for a stoner/doom?

11. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Ibanez Gio.

12. RI P bass with a tort pick guard and flats. It is the only bass for everything...

13. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Chilean sea bass are pretty doom.

14. I used to love the rain, summer storms in PA, man that was great, but my migraine trigger is big fluctuations in the barometric pressure so even more rain than VA might drive me insane. Funny thing is I never had worse than sinus headaches in Florida and it rained every afternoon just about, but I think that was constant barometric pressure I need like steady same thing all the time to blance my sinus pressure out so the migraines can"t come in and get me. Or I just got old and for some reason migraines came with my getting older.

15. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
  16. Ouch! Worse I ever saw was -18 and that was FN horrible. Too bad there is like no year round Fall weather summer, like Indian Summer in PA, man that is just awesome, 55 to 72 year round would be the site!!!

17. Good thing I saved this picture in my library
    View attachment 365820

18. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    goddamn those pictures were big....

19. Mbuele
    Get the Dunwich DA120 pedal, wouldn't that be the best Matamp pedal option?
    Edit to remove those big arse photos lol

20. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    When I'm buying for sure. I've just never seen that Orange Feel before wondering how common/uncommon they are. The Oxford is surprisingly uncommon.