1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stoner/Doom Bassists: 75 - What's a stoner/doom?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by CL400Peavey, Oct 2, 2013.

1. LOCOPELAND

LOCOPELAND

Aug 3, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    heeeere

2. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    So what's the best temperature for doom?

Like slow doom , but not funeral doom, definitely not black metal, you know doom.

3. -1 on the dumbass guitarist.

Look on the bright side: there's a LOT of guitar players out there. Maybe get one and a separate vocalist next time so you aren't so dependent one on guy?

sorry to hear about the more it rains the more it pours parts.

4. I can't wish bad things on any being that spanks it.

5. Where is Matt?

The leaders of the Datassian church need to have a word with his religious practices...

6. I don't know, something Viking-y?

7. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Yeah rev, I can't sing and play at the same time either. At best I have to flexibly know a song and then its only yell/scream/grunt. Tonality goes right out the window when my hands are busy.
    Good luck.

8. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI

Screw vocals. They're alway ****ing corny **** anyway.

9. +1
    Let the music speak

10. I know. Was trying to leave a big enough opening for something else to be between the D's for picture time...

Depends, are you going for sweaty hipster doom, cargo pants and flip flops doom, or suit and tie doom?

11. I sent him a cranky PM just now. Follow my lead, everyone!

Worst case, it will be funny to PM-bomb his inbox with demands to see his GF's bum.

12. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Amen to that! :D

No. No we didn't! HEY!! WHAT THE HELL!?!!

13. Me either, plus he is named after Sterling from Archer, and his girlfriend is Lana. He is a white and his honey is a black face, as uber PC and sweet as my girlfriend is I got a kick out of her naming them that

14. Done.

Go get the tar, and feathers, but make sure they are black feathers.... We have to do this the "doom" way.

16. Except enough white feathers so he looks like a Panda

17. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    I've got to get some more storage for my vinyl. The collection is getting out of hand. I've got 2 of those 2x2 expedit things from ikea completely filled up, and enough to fill up another half of one stacked around.

I haven't even been buying new records the last couple months. Trying to get through the ones I haven't listened to yet.

18. Ex wife was shall we say, WELL endowed. Last couple games were run on some more petite ladies, spinners were a fun change of pace. Back to comfort over speed, and it does not make me sad.

19. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA

This
    3DD6F6B5-DC34-4B7E-8E54-445F195497C3-11431-0000093CC7C69BF8_zps47443186.

And/or this ;)
    IMG_0077.