1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stoner/Doom Bassists: 75 - What's a stoner/doom?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by CL400Peavey, Oct 2, 2013.

1. I used to roll this mid 30s gal when I was mid 20s, and the boy toy thing back then worked and got her finally to finally open up the back door which was my first entrance too, and man she loved it and had an O, and then would ask for it, I said I would of thought would be more a thing for me, she said man it grabs everything up tight and gives me an O that's why I have been hounding you for more Joe. But man that chick dropped more O's than a Wheel of Fortune contestant. I wish I thought of ATM back in the day, any devious thing I came up with she was down for.

2. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA

I sadly parted with the v4b. Just wasn't getting used. Currently amp shopping.

3. For a lot of people this is it right now. I moved back, and am hanging on. Gotta swing the other way for jobs eventually right?

4. Sounds like the perfect ride through your mid 20's...

5. Pelham Bleu

Pelham Bleu All you need is fuzz.

Apr 4, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I'm thinking suit, tie & horsehead mask doom.

6. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    Damn Max, sorry to hear about your guitar player. I was looking forward to seeing you guys at Bachfest, I had to split early from the Red Desert show and only caught 1 or 2 songs.

We may be in the same boat, Jon is talking about moving out west. I don't see the point in carrying on playing the same songs with a new guitarist/singer, it would be strange to say the least. Andrew the drummer and I are sticking together and I have a ******** of ideas that don't fit the current band so I'm not too worried, but still it's going to suck to try and find someone new. At least there are tons of guitar players out there...

Anyway, maybe your guy will catch a break and get probation or something, it ain't over till it's over...

7. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    I have 2 assignments due by 6pm I haven't started, another due tomorrow, also a test at 9:30am tomorrow based on 8 chapters of law I haven't even looked at, then three group projects a quiz and prepare for due dates and test next week while my friend spends a long weekend with me to rage about his misfortunes.

I went to be at 4am last night and just woke up and waked and baked, let's get it on!

8. Pelham Bleu

Apr 4, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I've mostly been lurking. I'll have to round up some pix for y'all.

9. The old man in me is saying don't procrastinate and the inner child is saying I bet he is having so much fun

10. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Three posts in and this Pelham Bleu guy drops a Snatch quote on us in reference to his 70s solid state head? I think he'll fit in just fine...

11. Then you need some AC pumping. Those masks look stuffy...

12. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA

I don't know, I know how you guys treat Iowans ;).

13. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    I try not to but it's my nature, I got a 3.6/7 though, I guess it his works for me.

14. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    Just found out that we're supposed to play last on our October 18th gig w/ Mike from YOB. So: There's two touring bands, then Mike, then us. Show starts at 9:30, which actually means more like 10:30. I don't mind playing last, but I don't really want to follow Mike Scheidt. At least the folks that stick around (if any) will be very drunk.

We already promised to give any money to Mike so he can make his guarantee, which is fine, I just have a feeling that we're going to sit around trying not to drink too much for 4 hours, only to get squeezed in between Mike's set and bar time. 4 bands is too many for a late-start show.

I'm still super pumped about the gig, and it will be fun, but we should definitely be going on first.

15. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    All you need is a lemon wedge

16. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM

Why you give up your money??

17. +1

18. I was that way with reports, but just reports, the long bullpoopiee needed for reports only builds in me from a good nervous procrastination for some reason. Now actually work in the real world I procrastinate all the time, I like to create my own deadlines lol

19. Pelham Bleu

Apr 4, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Oh, great.