Stoner/Doom Bassists: 76 - 6 Foot Tall Pink Fuzzy Moose

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ampegfuzz, Oct 8, 2013.

1. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA

Not the problem per say just that amp in particular. kill a whole channel for a FZ loop and has a dummy plug stuck in it. Bad mojo IMO

2. TalkBass Sponsor

3. Oh didn't think about That, I'd want the bass channel.

4. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    It's not even that I can imagine the total hack job by not just drilling 2 holes and installing the FX loop there. Let's kill a whole channel for a feature not everyone will use. Plus the added awesome of channel jumping is no more.

5. Pelham Bleu

Pelham Bleu All you need is fuzz. Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2013
    IOWA
    Recording some demos tomorrow night. Power trio grungy/alt/desert-ish garage rock. Gonna use the big green Russian fuzz. Fired up!

6. What does channel jumping achieve usually?

Also yea never touched any effects loop yet, dunno if I would or not or why I would.

7. I'd like to use a bass vi in that situation. Got a couple Black Russian muffs I need to sell back in Austin.

Tonight I'll look into building a cheap spring reverb unit, that with od, dist, chorus and delay I think that's all I'd need, from clean to shoegazey to old school dirt to nastiest distorted grunge stoner stuff and beyond depending on what bass is plugged in.

8. Pelham Bleu

Apr 4, 2013
    IOWA
    Give me a shout if/when you decide to sell those black Russians. I wouldn't mind adding one to my stable of muffs.

I won't use the VI until I remedy the string gauge situation.

9. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
  10. dannster

dannster Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    Don't know which is cooler....the Lull big body thunder P or the Pierce pre stuffed in a head case. What's the power section?
    Would love to build a big body J with thunderbird pickups.
    Not really Stoner/Doom but cool as ****!

Sounds Awesome...http://youtu.be/8pG20YxFYOo

[​IMG]

11. DethByDoom

DethByDoom

Sep 23, 2012
    Houston,Tx

I'd like one of those Russian muffs if you sell them

12. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Poop wizard lost to Harvey? Where's the DOOOOOMMMMMMM?

13. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    I love that movie.

14. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    I do too, I also love Arsenic and Old Lace.
    Nothing better than homicidal old ladies killin' with kindness.

15. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Interesting indeed.

16. Auspex

Auspex

Jan 30, 2013
    Boise, Idaho
  17. Hot demand for these Russian pedals damn, might need to triple my asking price.

They are slightly different, will need to check next time I'm in Austin or get my dad to take pics. They both needed something, one needed a new stomp switch the other case screws, if I split the case screws between them they are solid, but I've had a hard time finding screws, they are a weird size not matching anything at the lowes or HD. Might re drill to do a different screw or leave that to the next owner.

I can also replace the switch or leave it be. Can also probably do mods if you need them.

I repaired a friends $200 e cig (broke later but his fault again) and I tore apart a broken DVD player to scavenge parts to fix a gaming chair for a friend with built in Audio interface. Feel like a fallout/McGyver. Also learned xbox 360 repair and soon ps3 repair.

18. Pelham Bleu

Apr 4, 2013
    IOWA
    :spit:

19. Sorry I'm a marketing student looking at law school and I got GAS bills to pay. I'm letting you both touch my muff for a bass vi, sorry if I'm expensive, I just feel classier this way, melts away the dirty numbing shame.

20. Pelham Bleu

Apr 4, 2013
    IOWA
    [​IMG]

EVERYONE HAS A PRICE!