Stoner/Doom Bassists: On our way down Route '66(6)...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by CL400Peavey, Jul 18, 2013.

1. When I used to live in Chicago it would be -40 with the windchill standing on the train platforms.

+1

I always double check neck relief and intonation a few days before a show, and carry the appropriate tools to make a tweek before playing live.

2. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

I'm a bit more okay with extremes of cold. I can put more clothes on, and get more active.

Hot, I can't do. There's a limit to how much clothing can be taken off, and if that limit has been reached and it's still too damn hot to do anything, well, I'm ****ed.

3. I used to be that way, then I took a job working in a kitchen in the basement of a parking garage for a couple years. Used to watch the meat thermometer in the poket of my uniform read 150+ degrees. Dont get me wrong I bow and worship the overlord that is AC.

4. Hell, here in finland it goeas all the way to -86 fahrenheit every winter.

Yeah, it's bloody cold.

5. Amo

Amo

Dec 5, 2008
    Brussels, Belgium
    For whatever reason, I'm always hot. Even if it's freezing cold out there I can wear shorts and still be hot. It started in my 20's.

Good thing I have a good deodorant :D

6. Menopause so soon? :D

Fuuck that. Just have to suround yourself with some hot blondes...

7. Ekimus

Ekimus

Aug 23, 2012
    Grenoble, France
    It's been like 35 °C (I believe like 95 °F) where I am in France for the past two weeks, today it "dropped" to 25 and I feel cold -.-

Amo : congrats for the future EGC :D

8. Amo

Amo

Dec 5, 2008
    Brussels, Belgium
    Just turned 26, it's a bit soon yeah :D. I'll go to the hospital after work to have some of my eggs freezed. We never know.

Oh, does having a penis could prevent me to do it ?

Well, thanks, but I only sent an email to Kevin yesterday :smug:
    Once the deposit will be paid, it will be much more real.

9. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Can't wait to hear the EGC bass at the honky/Melvin's show tonight!!!! Stoked!!

10. This morning I woke up with a huge craving for unagi. I thanked all that is holy that I was born a male, and this is just me wanting strange things for breakfast. :D

11. -86 dang, -19 I think was the worst I remember in PA, and that was awful. Man I hate uber cold and uber hot, I would love to find a year round fall and spring only place to live. I used to love the heat, I even moved to Florida for four years, but at least I ad the sea breeze there, Virginia is just muggy muggy muggy

12. Amo

Amo

Dec 5, 2008
    Brussels, Belgium
    Unagi at breakfast ? Man, you should be worried :D

@ampegfuzz: Does he play on the tour with his new 30" all-aluminium (shiny shiny) V ?

13. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Pretty sure, Melvin's posted a pic of it and he is playing in honky and the Melvin's on this tour. Very curious on his rig and tone. I seem the Melvin's set on Instagram and its going to SLAY tonight!

14. That was part of my thought... I dont remember getting picked up by aliens, but that would be the only way to explain it.

ancient-aliens.jpg

15. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    Congrats Amo. My EGC should be coming up sometime soon. I checked in with Kevin the other week and he said I was on deck, worked out a few final details...but I'm thinking there is still more waiting for me.

What kind of bass are you going with?

16. Actually some Spider Rolls and Shrimp Tempura would be killer right now!!!

17. Jason Hall

Jason Hall

Jun 21, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hello sirs. Saw Melvins a couple months back... can't remember what all the bassist was using but pretty sure there was some ampeg gear up there, 8x10 cab and some kind of head. Who knows if that was his real gear or some tour stuff though.

Trying to squeeze out a dollar or two out of my gas fund to get what I need and it's frustrating. Think I'm going to pick up an Ibanez Weeping Demon before I spend ridiculous amounts on a custom wah... anyone play with one? Need to pick up a cheap art or behringer mic preamp too for voiceover crap. The wife will be back soon and she wants to get back on it but the mic needs a bit more of a boost before it hits my interface and it seems like the cheapest/best way to go. Really can't afford anything else right now.

18. +1

I could give my self mercury poisoning very easily.

19. Amo

Amo

Dec 5, 2008
    Brussels, Belgium
    Nice, that's great news ! What did you pick ?

I'm going either for an all-aluminium Ripper. Or one with a TB500 guitar-style body (Like Laz's)

Missed them when they came here a couple months ago, oh crap.

Not to worry you, but it could be so much worse:

Aliens_zps2d591c85.png

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021