Stoner/Doom Bassists: On our way down Route '66(6)...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by CL400Peavey, Jul 18, 2013.

1. That's cool looking!

2. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
  3. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    those things are massive for a 215. i used to have 2 V6B cabs which were the line after the V4B stuff, really liked them and they were a lot more portable, but they werent folded horn.

4. Those cabs are awesome. I used one with a Bassman 300 Pro a few years back. It is HUGE. Same height and width as a 810 but nearly twice as deep. That was the only reason I sold mine. You had to have a truck to move it.

5. LOCOPELAND

LOCOPELAND

Aug 3, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
  6. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    i cant find the dimensions of these things for the life of me. what the hell, does anybody know?

7. Doomer Elites-we need a new thread...

8. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    no we should try and see how long they will let us go before a mod actually comes in here to close it down.

FIGHT THE MAN!!!!! RAAAAAAAAAHH!!!

9. Like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer and the car salesman rode the car on empty

10. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    living life dangerously

11. Any suggestions on what to use to reglue the carpeting on my cab, the back left corner is peeled back.

12. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    You got cats clawing at it?

I've never done it, but I'd imagine in your case maybe thin layer of hot glue? It doesn't need super grip, and you don't want a real runny glue to seep through.

My rat fur amp came with cat damage, I just tore all the fur off, imma sand and wood filler it. Then either stain or krylon rattle can it.

13. Duratex that cab! Seriously, it looks like tolex under the lights, and is roll on. Easy to refinish as well.

14. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    How much is that stuff?

I've only krylon painted usually baffles, but one amp. Usually spend $6 on two cans a primer/paint mix and a paint only.

I'd never say its gonna last on the road, but both the amp I did and the amp I'm gonna do are 15 watts 8" speaker amps, that sit on top of a barstool I de upholstered and refinished so its a flat surface for an amp. Right at head level when sitting or for people in front.

15. IIRC correctly, My old V4B cab was roughly 50" X 26" X 20"

Thinking back it was a couple inches taller and wider than the 810 I had at the time as well.

16. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    I emailed the listing guy and asked for dimensions, weight and and power handling.

We shall all learn.

17. Yep girlfriend came with three friggin cats, they are all sweet as can be, but I am dog, reptile, fish, and mini pig kind of guy, lol. I actually have a fence around my gear so no critters mess with gear.

If it was a keeper I would but I am trying to sell it off, so I just want to glue that one spot back down, I think I have 3M spray sealant in the house somewhere to attach a new cover on the seat of my motorcycle, that might do the trick.
    Sidenote,
    Any Doomers or Doomer's friend within driving distance of Hampton Roads VA that wants a 72 lb Genz Benz LS410T in great shape other than some cat pulls in the carpeting, come snatch it up $200! Stock model and actual photo with VFE sticker
    Specs
    400 watt power handling with a four 10" GBE 1030 speakers and one GBE 4941 tweeter with GBE 2937 crossover and tweeter control, 8 ohms. Focused power point rear porting for precise midrange definition and a solid low end. Features the exclusive Genz Benz "Edge Lift" handles, black carpet covering, metal grill, and heavy duty corners. 72 lbs, 24.0" x 25.0" x 18.0".
    View attachment 351765
    View attachment 351766

18. The cost might be the bigger consideration.

19. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    In case it gets rowdy your fence protects from beer bottles too. Animal roadhouse!

3m should work. I had a Genz Benz 1x15 that was great. I emailed and actually got in touch with mr. Benz or Genz whatever his name was. And he flat out said Genz Benz never made the cab. Which was weird because it was the exact same as yours, two ports no horn and bad a Genz Benz plaque, and little sticker with the numbers and ohm rating.

If you can put a top on it and use it later, I'd do it. Maybe not on this particular small amp, purely because I wanted stain or brown or a crazy color/s

20. Man those kits are tempting on that site. I wonder if those kits would work with different speakers, I know the CB15s would be like 10 pounds heavier speakers, I love the 12/6/1and 15/6/1 cube shapes.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021