Stoner/Doom Bassists Thread 30: "we've lost the bleeps the sweeps and the creeps"

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by dunwichamps, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

Yeah. My amp is pretty much my compressor.

2. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

Very occasionally it's like that, but usually people write riffs at home and the guitarist and I write stuff out together and then bring it to rehearsal. I generally don't like writing songs at rehearsal.

3. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Great success!

shirt.jpg

4. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Try a no diodes mod like the grey stache. It's my favorite setting and the least gainy. Also instead of a muff maybe build a tone bender instead. It's muff like and runs less gain also.

5. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    Sweet!

I love all of your guy's artwork.

6. father of fires

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    I've got some diode mods I plan on trying. I'm actually going for a Colorsound Bass Fuzz which is very Muff like (I have a few muff PCB's).

I also have a few Red Llama PCB's but I haven't figured out how I want to use them yet.

7. Nice, Laz!

8. OldCrow

OldCrow

Jul 17, 2012
    Whiskey, MD
    MK3 tone benders are close to muffs the rest have their own thing going on. I'm still messing with my Buzzaround, love that pedal on guitar

9. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    Color sound Bass Fuzz gets synths as hell with high gain settings. I've had two.

10. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    I got the EBS Multidrive on my board and gave it a whirl. So far it's doing what I want it for, good low gain overdrive, a little low end boost. It works for getting the MB800 into the low end girth I get from the CL, but still maintain the tightness and tonal flexibility I like the amp for. I prefer the standard and flat settings over the tube sim, which is a little too compressed and flubby sounding for my taste, at least from my limited tests so far. I have some good optimism for this working out as an always on low gain overdrive, primarily for Cold Mourning and maybe the new stoner rock band I'm trying to get started. Sounds great with the Ray34CA, I'm interested to see how it fares with the Precision at practice tonight.

11. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Rat Tail arrived today! I tried to play with it, then remembered how terrible any kind of fuzz or distortion sounds through my home amp, an 8" speaker Fender Rumble 15 =P

Here's a better pic of the shirt logo. I think it came out fantastic.

[​IMG]

12. father of fires

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Thanks for the heads up.

13. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Shirt looks awesome, how much are you guys charging for them?

14. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Thanks man! We're selling them for $10. Happy with how quickly they were made too. Big show next Friday.

15. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    I've thought about picking one of these up to try in my guitar rig and to mess around with on bass.

16. Jason!

Jason!

Nov 14, 2008
    GR, MI
    Love me a cheap shirt!

17. OldCrow

OldCrow

Jul 17, 2012
    Whiskey, MD
    I have one of the originals with the hybrid silicon/ge setup, awesome fuzz, really like that one a lot. Works pretty well on bass though I haven't tried it through my Matamp yet.

18. Rushing

Rushing

Dec 18, 2011
    Minnesota
    This followed me home today. 73 Ibanez Jazz

I just need my Earthbound Audio Iron Pig to show up! :bassist:

100_2185.jpg

19. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    I still need a proper guitar cab. I kind of think i might like v30's with my V4b for their brightness but otherwise i hate them. I will get a cab before i think about the tone reaper.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021