Stoner/Doom Bassists Thread 30: "we've lost the bleeps the sweeps and the creeps"

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by dunwichamps, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Sweet bass, but how do you know its a 73?

2. Rushing

Rushing

Dec 18, 2011
    Minnesota
    Educated guess from catalog surfing...is actually something like a 72/73. 72 was the last year they used those tuners but 73 was the first year they offered that neck.

3. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    I think I'm almost done jumping through hoops to get our mortgage refinanced. It's taken about 7 months and I've filled out so much paperwork it would make your head spin, but according to the mortgage broker it's going to save us just over $400 a month. Supposedly we're supposed to sign off on Monday or Tuesday, we'll see.

4. OldCrow

OldCrow

Jul 17, 2012
    Whiskey, MD
    I hate v30s with a passion. I really like greenbacks and 65s when it comes to the v4

5. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Cool! No serial, right? I'm kinda jealous someone here has an Ibanez older than my 75! How much did you pay?

6. huge! good luck

7. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    El Oso has arrived, haven't got to try it, but loving the gold finish, bear looks best against it.

Anyone heard of or used the Polish Love overdrive pedal? Guy offering it in trade for my OC-3

8. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Just snagged 60+ records from a guy off CL for $30 and made friends with him haha. Apparently he's in a local 70s style heavy rock band, and this stack is full of pink floyd, led zep, etc. He also fixes vintage stereo gear and tube amps haha.

9. polish love is a pretty gnarly OD. nothing too fancy about it. if you're looking for an OD it's worth a try.

10. marry that guy! :)

11. Sunnburn

Sunnburn

Jan 4, 2008
    Dayton, Oh
    Ugh! So frustrating. I wonder if your mortgage gets sold to Fannie/Freddie right away. Mine did. One week after my refi. The rental property wouldn't refi, even though my credit is decent and I have decent equity in both properties. The bank told me it was because It didn't meet Fannie/Freddie requirements. Basically the bank (Union Savings), only gave loans that Fannie/Freddie would buy. Does the F-ing goverment essentially own my house?

12. who knows man? the whole system is so fvcking corrupt.

13. Rushing

Rushing

Dec 18, 2011
    Minnesota
    Nope no serial. He was asking $599 but I got him down to $475. Could I have found one cheaper down the road...maybe but I seriously doubt I would be able to find one cheaper and in this good of condition. I am plenty happy. Now I just need a matching P bass.:D
    I was also looking at this. http://tinyurl.com/9rp7c23

14. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    I'm refinancing, been pretty painless so far. And are we overdue for a thread? I'm on the phone.

15. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    If it's in good condition $475 is totally worth it. I got really lucky and got my '75 P-bass for $200 with OHSC and some Fender nylons that were installed on it plus a spare pack from 1977, the last time someone played the bass :p

IMG_5042.jpg

I've got the pickup cover for it too but I hate those things. I leave it in standard tuning and use it for my lessons and general noodling around. Freaking love it.

16. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    What a beaut!

17. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Also, any of you guys ever hear of Josefus? I had never heard of them before, but the guy I got the records from put this album on when we were shooting the ****. It is rad as ****!!! Sam, this would be one you'd enjoy. He played a track off this that got reeaally heavy.

18. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    New thread time?:ninja:

19. Rushing

Rushing

Dec 18, 2011
    Minnesota
    Thats P bass kicks ass! There is one just like it on Ebay and they are asking $699 OBO. I wish this had the chrome for mine at least the bridge cover.

I see your old Artist bass is up on Ebay right now. How did that thing play?

20. No access to decent speakers right now. i'll make sure to check it out.

4 days. new record i think.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021