Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stoopid kweshtun

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by papaya9, May 23, 2003.

1. papaya9

papaya9

Apr 4, 2003
    :eek:
    How do you tune a bass when you have no electronic tuner?

2. You can either go the tuning fork route, or you can use a site like activebass.com. Down in the corner, there is a tuning fork icon, click on it, and the rest is easy.

Hope this helps.

-Dave

3. Use your ears!

Unfortunately, if you don't have perfect pitch you will need something to give you a reference note to start with.

There are lots of postings throughout the web on this, probably elsewhere on TB.

Here's one

4. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    Setup? Misc?

Anyway:

Yes -> Fragile -> Roundabout -> E Harmonics

5. papaya9

papaya9

Apr 4, 2003
    Dave and Bob--Thank you guys very much;) I'm pretty embarassed to ask such a simple question!

PC- huh?

6. Don't worry about it. We all have to start out somewhere. A bit of advice for the future, try the keyword search function here. Some people will get onto you for posting without searching. I think sometimes they forget where THEY started out.

You might already know that, since you've been around for a month...either way, I hope you like hanging out on talkbass.

-Dave

7. papaya9

papaya9

Apr 4, 2003
    Dave- I'll try searching from now on. I think the activebass tuner is very cool. It worked! kind thanks again,

Kurt

8. Ditto what Dave said - and welcome to the low end man!

9. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Sock Justice strikes again.....:D

10. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    The intro from from Yes song, Roundabout, begins with a long E harmonic. This used to be my tuner for many years :bassist:

11. papaya9

papaya9

Apr 4, 2003
    Bob- Thank you! Much appreciated. :)

PC- Abrogado!

12. I've got my eye on you. Don't rock the boat, Socky. :D

Oh, and another thing (since I don't have really have anything of value to add to this thread) Papaya, if you get a chance, fill out your profile. Everyone likes to know some preliminary information. Well, and all the board regulars will, once again, jump on you. But, it really does make it easier for everyone to know a little of where you're coming from. Plus, if you write something goofy, we get to poke fun. If there's one thing talkbass is about, it's poking.

If you need anything else at all, just ask.

-Dave

13. i've heard you can use a phone's dial tone, but i don't remember what its note is.....

14. Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Around the World" intro has been my initial tuning tool since 1999 =)

15. Yeah rather than buggering this off to Misc should i merge this with the Tunings Thread? Yay or Nay?

:D:D

Merls