Stop eating maple syrup

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by WookieeForLife, Aug 19, 2009.

1. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    After going on warped tour's site, I was looki ng at the sponsers and Peta caught my eye. Then this really got me aggrivated

In order to stop seal hunting they want everyone to stop using maple syrup. WHY??!?! It's not the syrup makers that are seal hunting. Lets punish innocent people who try to make a honest buck by providing the US with a delicious pancake topping. Sure it isn't good for us, but hey we have McDonalds so it could be worse. THese people are crazy IMO. :mad::scowl::mad::atoz::atoz::rollno:

2. n-j-

n-j- Supporting Member

May 13, 2008
    mpls, mn
  3. SealClub.jpg

4. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    I dont have anything against seals and hunting them is wrong IMO, but why in the world would I boycott syrup just to stop seal hunters. Like the hunters care about syrup sale in the US.

5. Seal meat pancakes????

6. Is there a seafood dish that incorporates pancakes with maple syrup?:p

7. I don't see everyone's problem with seal hunting and PETA is just crazy.

lowsound

8. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    So, I need to send my Dingwall back and my Ford Crown Vic back as they were both made in Canada?

Peta is nuts, they got on the prez for nailing a fly during an interview. Let the peta nutjobs move up there and form a protective line around the seals, that would make everyone happy, except the seals, peta people smell funny.

9. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    Not that I know of. My only concluesion is that these people are crazy.

10. The only thing PETA has going for them are the lovely ladies they often use in their stupid advertising campaigns.

11. PETA, aren't those the guys that talk about not killing animals and then kill animals?

12. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Agreed on both counts.

13. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
  14. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.

Best shirt. Ever.

15. I love REAL maple syrup.. and even more so: real maple candy. Also; I certainly have no problem with Canadians either... I think the so-called "problem" is way over-stated anyway.

16. This.

I would consider myself an animal rights advocate, and yet PETA continually ***** themselves over. I could be embarrassed by these articles they write and what measures and sacrifices we "must" make to save animals, but then when PETA decided to kill, freeze and dump nearly one thousand pets, they lost all respect I ever had for them.

By the way, that last line is no bull.

17. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Yup.

18. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

PETA is a bunch of nuts. Many of them seem to value animal life more than human life - which is warped.

OTOH, clubbing seals is a brutal technique that does not belong in the modern world. Just because I think PETA attracts prime nutballs doesn't mean I condone all the practices they disapprove of.

19. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Why not just make Seal Syrup?

Save the trees.
    Club a seal.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021