Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stop the insanity!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hategear, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
  2. How can American TV get any stupider?

I ask? HOW IN THE WORLD!
    %^$!@#%&$@*$#^$(@#^@$&$!!!!

3. stupid.

quickest way to get fighting out of hockey: give all rinks olympic sized ice. gaurenteed to bring speed, finesse, passing, and skill back into the game.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I think it's a GREAT idea, actually. I want soccer hooligan fights too. No games, just an arena of 30,000 people raging pissed and armed with lead pipes.

This isn't a bad thing, this here is the best possible evolution of the sport!

...this of course, coming from the man who wants trebuchet football: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82748 (near the bottom of the page)

5. In a way that sounds kind of interesting...I'd watch it.

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Sports fights are good things. If you don't want to see them, don't go to/watch games. Simple as that.

Besides, if we regulate it too much, these guys will just beat eachother up outside the rink.

7. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    As a real idea... it's probably the stupidest thing ever and it makes me ashamed to be human. American Idol does that too.

But the lead pipe thing isn't such a bad idea, because then it's a way to eliminate the stupid humans. ;)

8. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i say they take off their skates and try to stab each other.

9. Death match on ice.... sounds like a good idea to me! I mean, they've got a bunch of ice right there, so how's that bad? :D

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    could give a crap for stupidity of it... why must they ruine a greatest game ever... why is it everytime some1 talks hockey they talk fights... Imagine if everytime you talked about baseball you'd start with stereoids... oh oh its a part of the game... yes... but its not the game damn it!

Cheers

11. It's alright, the san jose's not any good at hockey anyway ;)
    GO BLUES! :hyper:

12. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Thank you American TV for ruining hockey.

Go Blues?!?! They were knocked out in the first round!

GO FLAMES GO! Keep The Cup in Canada :hyper:

DD

13. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Except, this isn't a sport, it's just hockey-style fighting. Question: Why doesn't anyone promote a frickin' hug-fest, or a love-in? Answer: Because people are so damned starved for violence, blood, sex and debauchery, no one would want to watch people being nice to each other. If it's someone getting their ass kicked, or getting their ****ing head sawed off, we can't wait to get an eyeful.

14. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    That guy needs his arse kicked.

15. it's like figure skating!

16. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    No offense or anything kserg, but I have trouble reading your posts because of the way they're set up, so I usually don't. Would you mind working on grammer/sentence structure so they'd be easier to read for everybody?

17. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    You know, the TV has an off button.

18. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

19. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Yep. And TalkBass has an ignore feature.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    ...and Ruffles have ridges.