Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stop war, get naked!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Velocimaniac, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Velocimaniac

Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    Alabama
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030117/od_nm/nude_dc_1

Women Bare All in the Name of Peace

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Donna Sheehan wants to stop what she believes is the U.S. military's naked aggression in Iraq by taking off her clothes and getting women across the world to do the same.

The 72-year-old California artist has recruited her friends and neighbors to use their nude bodies to spell out the words "No War" and "Peace" in protests that are drawing attention and spurring women worldwide to bare all in the name of peace.

"We are doing this from the heart and from a feeling of desperation," Sheehan said. "It is a wonderful, physical way of creating a powerful statement."

Sheehan said she receives about 25 e-mails a day from people who are interested in shedding their clothes like the Northern California women who plan a "major" protest action at an anti-war rally in San Francisco on Saturday.

Women in Montana posed nude in a snowstorm while a group in England has carried out a number of their own high-profile peace photos sans clothes. Men are also getting into the act, which Sheehan said made it necessary to change the group's name from "Unreasonable Women Baring Witness" to "Baring Witness."

"We are calling it a national spelling bee and there are actions popping up just like crop circles, mysterious here and there," Sheehan said.

Sheehan said the idea for her first protest came to her in a dream and was reinforced by the Nigerian women who threatened to disrobe last year in a fight with Chevron-Texaco over more jobs and services in their local community.

The artist eventually convinced about 50 women in her small town of Marshall just north of San Francisco to take part in the first peace photo back in November. Since then there have been two other photo shoots with women aged between 20 to 83.

2. Ha! I wonder if my folks saw that--they were watching the rally near the Embarcadero today.

3. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Getting naked? I'm all for it!
    (Except when you're a 72 year old lady)

4. Ditto.. unless she's hot. :eek:

:D:D

Merls

5. Naked?? In Montana??? In snowstorm?????

Now THAT's Hardcore.

6. sexy kinda! wooot! lets all get nakey and run around all nakey and stuff! we can have snowball fights in the freezing cold during a hot summer???:confused: ???:p

7. Ughh..
    I saw the picture. How does taking your clothes off get your point across any better? Couldn't they just have done it with clothes on?

And part of the "E" in "Peace", has a very large woman in it.:eek:

8. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Heh, well, of the pictures I've seen of naturists, usually the people that don't need to be are... *cough* jt *cough*... j/k :D

9. God that commercial is hilarious.

You're trying to get away, you're trying to escape!

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

For Our Sake!

11. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hahahaha!! Are you saying you've seen pictures of JT as a naturalist? SCARY! I think I'd have to blindmyself after that one!

J/K Mr. Turner! Honestly!

12. Uck! gag me with a fork.....hippy chicks soo unrule!

13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Excuse me while i vomit.

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    i HATE peace.

15. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

peace rules! don't make me kick your ass!!!!!

:D

16. Ewww. Old lady fetish.

17. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Oh really?
    http://maddox.xmission.com/war.html
    [​IMG]
    (Um, if thats too offensive I'll take it off)

18. Then again, if I saw a 72 year old nude woman, I'd want to stop the war too.

19. if an old lady starts taking her clothes off give her whatever the heck she wants and get the crap away as fast as you can! unless......your into that sorta thing ;)

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

http://www.sexygrandmas.com ;) Come on, you know you wanna.