1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stopmotion Tetris & Pong (my work)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by malisha, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Hi, guys! This is a part of my graduation exam. Tetris & Pong in stopmotion.

I stayed up late few nights in a row, flashing the plasticine figures :D
    And! This is how it turned out.

Sound effects are Freesound and sound which i "borrowed" from another youtube stopmotion. I credited the author in the description.

Enjoy! :hyper:

YouTube - ‪Plasticine Tetris Stopmotion. With Pong!‬‏

2. Very cool, I enjoyed that! Liked the Reel Big Fish soundtrack. :bassist:

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Cool!

4. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    That's cool!

5. bassman03

bassman03

May 19, 2008
    Sully, Iowa
    Nicely done. Have you seen the one where the people in the (i think) church pews are doing tetris shapes?

6. Great stuff dude!

I feel like the Pong part of it must have taken forever. Nice job though. I enjoyed the background as well.

7. RosieB

RosieB

Feb 10, 2009
    That was great! Looks like a lot of work went into it. Must have taken forever to get the paddles in pong to move so smoothly.

8. Yes, it is great! I took some sounds of it, but credited the author. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find good, if any, tetris sounds. I wanted to record them myself. I even had the resources, as 3/5 of my band has some sort of their own home studio, to record the sounds myself, but the deadline was pressing me, so i had to do it this way...

As a matter of fact! No, it was the part I have done fastest. Because the paddles are made of paper, and the rest was plasticine. Paper was easy to slide, whereas i had to "unstuck" the plasticine from the tablecloth :D

Thanks! That was in part my intention, (the music stops, its like a moment in movies where protagonist is chasing the antagonist, everything is fast and someone goes into the elevator, and everything is slow, with lounge music in the background :D), to slightly bore you :D

And... :D I was working, when I realized that it would take to long to go to the top so I added pong in :D

Lastly... The background is the tablecloth in my dining room :D

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    No way I would have the patience for that. Nice work.

-Mike

10. jaspercbass

jaspercbass

Sep 10, 2010
    chicago area
    First off, very excellent job. Cool vid and +1 on the Reel Big Fish.

That being said, you suck at tetris. :p

11. Amazing concept! Loved it :D

12. I tried to be even worse, but it didn't fit that good, looked unnatural :D

(wanted to say that I wanted to suck more, but then realized that it would come out wrong...) :bag:

13. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Cute

14. Nicely done, must've taken ages. But the entire time, I was like, "Why won't he build up a few lines?! You get more points that way!"