Stopped at GC today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cecile, Jul 24, 2005.

1. I played a MM stingray.......... wow I wasn't impressed. It sounded ok but the neck...... the neck on my old stingray was much better. It just seemed that their quality is slipping. i miss my old transparent teal stingray :bawl:
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    'stopped at GC today'

ta da
  3. yeah, i'm not a good speller
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    you spelled it fine, i was saying that guitar center sucks.

Every bass ive played there felt crappy.
  5. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    I think it's slightly ironic that a "Fenderholic" would think EBMM quality has went down... :rolleyes:

6. omg i'm having an ADD day, i didn't read your post corectly :rolleyes:
  7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Maybe it just here in my area but every non GC music shop I've tried were run by a bunch of snobby, brand worshipping folks who also moonlight as self anointed experts and won't give you the time of day if you don't look like you're going to buy anything from their overpriced and limited selection.

(I shoulda just said music shop rock stars and behind the counter sound engineers)

At least @ GCs here you get a Hi! from a young woman right at the door. You can also try as much gear as you want and the employees don't presume to tell you what you need unless you ask.

The axes there aren't crappy. They just need a little cleaning and set up. Which I would really rather do myself. As good as GC is as a store I still don't want those clerks "setting up" guitars and basses.

If you do your homework, it's a risk free exercise to buy @ GC.