1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stores around the Vancouver, WA area???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Psycho, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho

Jun 24, 2008
    I'm looking for a 4x10 cab to go with a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 head, anyone know any good stores in the Vancouver, WA area that may carry? I can drive, so a trip to Portland or Olympia isn't too out of question.

Thanks!

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Nothing really up here in Seattle except for guitar center and a few smaller stores... and BassNW... but I don't/won't/can't recommend anyone to go to BassNW...

3. soulplane83

soulplane83

Aug 16, 2008
    Portland, OR
    What's your beef with Bass NW if I can ask? I drove up from Portland once and it was probably the best customer service and attention I've ever received.

4. Psycho

Psycho

Jun 24, 2008
    My main goal is to save some bank, if possible.

The head will be around $700, and the ported 4x10 cab I tried out with it was a good $900 too.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I didn't like BassNW either. They were snotty and condescending, even though I knew more than them about the tech aspects of the gear they had, and the buddy I went with has very good playing chops.

One place in Vancouver to check out is Briz Pawn--they specialize in music gear. They didn't have anything good the last time I was there, but it's in the nature of pawn shops that their stock changes. In Portland, there's Trade Up Music, which is basically the same as Briz but a little bigger. Same deal--most days there's nothing good, but an occasional gem shows up.

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'd really rather not get into it over a public forum such as this, but overall Bongo's post sums is up nicely. Normally I can write that kind of attitude off if it happens once or twice, and I did with BassNW. However, every time I called, walked in or even some e-mails, they mistreated me. So, I no longer call, walk in, or e-mail, and I don't refer anyone I know there. I'll gladly take my business elsewhere and get as good of if not a better deal, and also IMO ten times the customer service.

7. Other than the places Bongo mentioned I can't think of anything that is likely to save you money. Portland Music on MLK usually has a decent selection of Fender, SWR, Ampeg and some Eden stuff. Apple Music on SW 2nd and Oak has a decent selection, too (I haven't been there in a while, but Mesa and Orange have been there in the past). Neither are going to have doorbuster prices, nor will they have an exhaustive supply of cabs, but they'll get you started if your looking to try something.

If you want to try Markbass, I think you need to go to Guitar Center on Sunnybrook and 82nd in Clackamas.

Have fun shopping.

8. fish slapper

fish slapper

Nov 17, 2005
    Newberg, OR
    Hmmm. I've bought and even traded at BassNW and always felt like I got a good shake. They've been very patient with me when I visit and put my grubby mitts on half the inventory and walk out to do more thinking...

Trade Up Music and the pawn shops are a lot of trips to kiss a lot of frogs. If you go the gui**** Center route, go to the Clackamas one. They have a larger selection that Tigard. I've done some business at Portland Music and its turned out okay but they are primarily a Fender shop but I think they're an Eden dealer now.

9. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I do recall seeing some Genz Benz cabs at Apple Music in PDX, but again their prices are not awesome.

10. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Well if you're buying new and having to spend the least amount, it would only seem to make sense to buy in PDX because of no tax.