1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stores in Seattle?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funkmeister79, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Hey folks - I have a couple days coming up in Seattle for a work trip. Besides Bass Northwest, any stores I should hit?

2. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
  3. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    Emerald City Guitars, same part of town as BassNW

http://www.emeraldcityguitars.com/category/bass-guitars/

The downtown GC is worth a trip and if you get across Lake Washington to Bellevue you own yourself a visit to Mike Lull, he has a small showroom and is a very nice guy, highly recommended! You picked the right time of year to visit, summer here is exceptional, enjoy your trip.
    http://www.mikelull.com/

4. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    Oh, duh! I forgot my favorite builder of all time and a good guy too boot, Mike Lull.

5. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Yeah, Emerald City has some cool really old stuff to see, but he charges both arms and both legs for everything.
    The GC downtown Seattle is huge, American Music is up a little northwest from downdown right off hwy 99. Northend you have Guitarville and another GC. Down by the airport and mall area you have yet another GC and A# Music.
    If in Tacoma you have (you guessed it!) another GC and Guitar Maniacs, and Ted Browns.
    Eastside around Bellevue you have (wow how about!) another GC, Mike Lull, and across the street is Northwest Guitars, and on same street another American Music.

6. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    I'd forgotten about A# Music - Nice shop!

7. TheCush

TheCush

Jul 15, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Bass Northwest? www.bassnw.com They're right on the south end of downtown.

goodformetal likes this.
  8. Mikebass6

Mikebass6

Apr 25, 2007
    Seattle
    The trading musician in the u district is worth a look once in a while.

9. Scott McArron

Scott McArron Supporting Member

The trading musician has very little for decent basses right now. Was just there the other day. But they do have a couple really beat up vintage Fenders that might be worth a look, but yet don't look to be in great shape.

10. I'm in Seattle on Friday, so... 2 questions..

Whats the Best shop to go to for Repairs?

-- and then aside from that, what would the best shop be to go to for the Best deep sounding Fat bottom end bass like on all the gospel/R&B albums. (think BabyFace, Usher, - thaddeus tribbet and all the studio bass sounding R&B/Gospel Bass deep sound )-

If I try a bass and it has the sound I am looking for.. i don't care the price, it's mine on friday.

11. LoTone

LoTone Clean as an Entwistle... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Quebec, Canada