Stores that carry bass amps in T.O.?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by joeyang761020, May 1, 2005.

1. Hello...tbers,
    This time I need some tbers from Toronto to give me some direction looking for amps... I am from Peterborough, and currently looking to shop for my first "rig"(my combo is not loud enough to serve my needs). So what would be some music stores that would carry new/used amp that I can look into. It doesn't have to in Toronto. I am not looking into boutique stuff, I need something that's affordable, cause I am just a highschool student, therefore need to work for 27 during the summer to get the money I need....
    Thanks so much.........

Joe Y
  2. Steves, L&M, Songbird and the 12th fret... I'd start at those

I have nver been to the 12th, but I have heard alot of good things
  3. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
  4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Try the L&M store in Oshawa for Yorkville combos and either Steve's (in T.O. downtown) or Cosmo Music Warehouse in Richmond Hill for Peavey, Ampeg combos.

Or go to Barrie and visit Music Pro's new store in the south end of the city (Yorkville, Peavey and Fender).

Gilbert Guitars in the north end of the city for Ampeg and Fender.

Then there's The Art's Music Store in Newmarket for Yorkville, Behringer, Fender etc.

Good luck what ever you end up doing.

5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

All I know of in Toronto is Steve's Music Store.

Hey, did you know that Steve lives 100m away from my house?
  6. Lol.....seriously? thats pretty sweet...

anyway, is there any stores in the Toronto area that carry Avatar amp?
  7. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    12th Fret has some awesome basses in stock sometimes, but they really don't have a great selection of bass amps.

Capsule often has some interesting stuff, so you might check them out too (921 Queen St. W).

Are there any particular amps you had in mind?
  8. Thanks, man. I dont have a specific target, cause I know if I do, I probably wont end of finding it. Instead, I will just go try everything out while I can.
  9. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Cool. Even if you have a broad idea of wattage or features or manufacturers you are considering though, that would be helpful. I only mention it because not every store carries every type of amp.
  10. And don't forget to bring your axe so you know what it sounds like with the amp you are trying!!!!
  11. I hope I can find some Avatar Cab in T.O. Does any body know what store carry them?
  12. Avatars are mail order only. They don't have any independent distributors.
  13. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

They are loking for a Canadian distributor, so there may be one really soon.
  14. Hopefully real soon.......cause I am thinking of a higher quility a cheaper cab will help....anyway........thanks you to everybody who reply to this thread.