1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Storytime

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jmaestro, Sep 12, 2008.

1. jmaestro

jmaestro

Feb 13, 2008
    Florida
    I know that this will not shock anyone but I have to share this as I'm pissed about this. So about a month ago, I went to a local guitar shop to see how much this guitar shop would give me for my beloved Reggie Hamilton Jazz Bass. I walked in and the worker started inspecting my bass for it's condition. While that was going on, I happened to notice a beautiful all black on maple vintage Fender Jazz Bass that one of the other workers was carrying around with some paperwork. I immediately thought that the owner, who I also noticed standing to the far left of me, was just getting the bass serviced. That was not the case. After inspecting my bass, the associate looked my bass u[ on Ebay to see the going price for it which didn't help because no live auctions were happening at that time for a RH bass. Finally, this guy concludes that my bass was worth $200.00. I grabbed my bass and put it back in it's bag, and he tells me that "they have to make a profit." I then turn my attention back to the vintage Jazz Bass which I now figured it had been made between 1977-1980. I listened to the dialouge and noticed the worker saying keywords such as "original hardshell", "79", "very good condition". So now I know that this poor guy is selling his bass to this store. So I stand there with my girlfriend and the worker working with the paperwork asked the worker that offered me $200.00 for my bass "how much"? I was amazed, heartbroken and excited to hear what came out this d$ckhead's mouth. $350.00 freakin' dollars. $350.00 is what they gave this man for his 1979 with OHS Jazz Bass. I wanted to tell him not to do it but I guess I felt like it was none of my business. I just asked the d$ckhead worker how much were they going to sell it for. He replied, "I don't want to talk about that right now." I gave him my number and told him to call me when they found out and then I left. Fast foward to today, about a month later. I was doing my weekly bass and amp searches online after work and decided to check this shop's website. Needless to say, I saw the poor guy's bass posted on there so I decided to call since they didn't call me with the price. I called thinking that they were going to say something in between $1200.00 and $1500.00. NO! $2100.00 is what was said to me over the phone. Freakin' ridicolous. If any of you ever see anything like this occuring, please stop it as I should've done! Here's the link to the bass:

http://andysguitars.com/brand_info.php?category=Basses&brand=Fender&id=1534&page=1

2. All I can say is.. Ouch.

3. Hm. I'd have stopped the sale by offering the guy $1000 for his axe right there in front of the shop workers.