1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD STR 6 string Jazz Bass. Fodera killer!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by richst, Mar 30, 2015.

1. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    This bass sounds and plays flawlessly. It has an alder body with a fancy maple burl top, 3 pc. maple neck with an ebony fingerboard. 34" scale and 18mm string spacing at the bridge. The bass is completely top of the line from the fit and finish to the hardware and electronics. It doesn't get any better. Super low action is attainable. I prefer medium action but you can lower it without ANY buzzing anywhere on the neck very easily. The only reason I'm selling this bass is because I need 19mm string spacing. There was a SNAFU between myself and the Low End bass shop and we got the string spacing wrong. I tried to get used to it but it just didn't work out for me. They were willing to take it back initially so no bad feelings towards them at all. The bass weighs right at 10 lbs. according to my cheap bathroom scale. It is very comfortable to play on a long gig and I got a lot of compliments on the sound when I brought it to dance band gigs, jazz combo gigs and church. It has single coil pickups (which I love) and a Bartolini 3 band preamp. Barto preamps are the bomb. Smooth and plenty of low end booty. The mini switch is a 3 way mid toggle that controls which mid frequency you want to boost or cut. the first 2 pics are of when I unpacked it and the rest are from Low End's ebay auction. It comes with an STR gig bag that has a rip about 3" long by the zipper near the handle. I'll cover the shipping via Fedex ground insured. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Here are the specs from STR.....
    Serial No. 067
    Model Name: LS648
    Body top: Burl Maple
    Body: Alder 2p
    Neck: Maple 3p
    Fingerboard: Ebony
    Machineheads: Gotoh GB707
    Pickups: STR JJ6
    Bridge: STR618
    Preamp: Bartolini NTMB

Scale length: 34inch
    String spacing: 18mm

Attached Files:

2. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Awesome bass, GLWTS!

3. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    How old is the bass? Ie. what year was it made?

4. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    No idea but it's an early serial #. Let me send them an email and see if I can find out.

5. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    This is Smokin!!!!

6. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    It is and this is a great deal. These are around $3.5 new now. It's a honey and sounds terrific. If it was 19mm spacing it would be staying.

ivlucas likes this.
  7. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Forget about me. Save yourselves!

Oct 17, 2013
    Sunol, CA
    I have an STR Single Cut and now understand why they call STR the "Fodera of Europe." Amazingly refined craftsmanship and that refined and precise "Fodera feel" that is difficult to describe but you know it when you pick one up.

GLWTS!

slamsinger likes this.
  8. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    "of Japan" :)

9. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    LOL..... hey, year is 2008. They put a passive tone on now. I doubt you need it though. the treble knob rolls off the click very nicely. This bass really sounds great. Very clear for an alder bass but with the warmth. I would guess it's the ebony FB.

Kmrumedy likes this.
  10. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Forget about me. Save yourselves!

Oct 17, 2013
    Sunol, CA
    Woops! You are right. I have and was thinking of a JCR made it Spain. Details details!!!!:laugh:

These STR's are still nice basses I hear.

11. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    bump it up.

12. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I'll look at some trades involving 5 string 34" wide spacing fender style basses.

13. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Up

14. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Pending deal....