1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

STR Sierra Owners: Tell me about your bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JTL1989, Dec 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JTL1989

JTL1989

Aug 26, 2016
    I've had my eyes on an STR Sierra LS-5 for a while now, but I'm looking to get more information before I pull the trigger (I'm picky when it comes to 5ers thanks to below-average sized hands). For those who own one of these beauties:

-How does the bass balance? Any issues with neck dive?
    -How about neck width and comfort? Are we talking Ibanez-thin, 5 string Fender-chunky, somewhere in between? I've found some specs online that have given me a rough idea of what to expect, but I'd love to hear some firsthand opinions.

Relatively new to the site, apologies if there is a more appropriate place to post this.

TL;DR: Convince me to stop being a wimp and buy an STR Sierra.

2. RoBer

RoBer

May 12, 2010
    USA
    Bass Player, composer
    The Sierra is the most wonderful versatile bass for that price range, it really unbelievable and perfectly built

3. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot

4. JTL1989

JTL1989

Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks guys! I went ahead and ordered a Muck, but the Sierra is definitely on my "Acquire Eventually" list.