Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Straight faced?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Tom Crofts, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Can anyone (except XavierG) think about putting an organ solo into one of their tunes without at least smiling. Think of the trouble it would cause if you made a music video for a song with an organ solo in it. BTW althought I may be a sad, innuendo loving 16 year old (There's no may be about it:)) I cannot be the only one who laughs when they think of XG putting an organ solo into one of his tunes... Sorry if, for some reason, this is lost on some of you.

2. I guess the only reason you lost me, from the start, is what is wrong with an organ solo.

3. cole

cole

Sep 14, 2000
    Maryland
    does it matter what make? is a Hammond more funny than, say, a Farfisa or Vox?

4. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Aye, gruff. Also, Jim Morrisson can think about putting an organ solo into one of his tunes without at least smiling.

Rhymes With Puck smiled when we put an organ solo into one of our songs, but that was more related to the math teacher (who is a naturally hilarious person, and not in the "Oh, I'm really stupid and I'm gonna make lame jokes all the time!" way, either) we got to play it for us than the concept of an organ solo.

If you think that there's some sort of essential problem with an organ solo, you need to start thinking "out of the box".

5. bumpcity

bumpcity

May 12, 2001
    NYC
    I don't get it. At all. What are you saying?

6. I know Jon Lord from Deep Purple, Keith Emerson from ELP and Rick Wakeman for YES don't make me giggle.

7. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    And who the Hell is XavierG, anyway? Is he an organist?

8. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    You've got to be kidding! You really don't know who XavierG is?

He is a famous Canadian bassist. He sometimes posts on TB. :) He is a serious nice guy also.

Pkr2

9. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    NONONONO!!!

Think about the words organ solo as if you were a pervy 16 year old. Y'know, going solo with your organ... Sorry about such a confusing thread, I thought the meaning was pretty obvious...