Straight to the Heart

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Not the Bryan Adams song.

Since there's a bunch of commercial threads cooking- I was wondering if anyone else has those really nauseating jeweler radio commercials. I heard that a few different stores use the same eye-gougingly annoying song. Just wondering if anyone else has to put up with them.
  2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Nope, I'm an old guy that listens to NPR
  3. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Straight to the heart??! -- Are you talking about the Shaw's Jewelers theme song?

Dude: That song has a KILLER bass part in it! The playing and the tone is like a benchmark I'm shooting for in my advancement in bass. Honestly, Man - I've more than once thought to myself - and just recently brought up to my drummer - that when I find a bass teacher, I'm bringing him a recording of the Shaw's Jewelers song, and saying "THAT'S how I want to be able to sound when I play bass"!

In fact - I'm planning on finding out if it's a local buisness that had a local ad agency do the jingle, thinking that maybe I could find the Shaw's bassist. I'd have half-a-mind to not only tell him I'm a fan, but ask HIM to be my teacher!

Y'just doh-know, Man. You just don't know.

4. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001

Wow! I never thought twice about the bassline in that song, because, well, because the song is so irritating.
  5. A friend told me the same jingle is used for a jeweler in like Minneapolis or something- different name though. It might be a local agency- do you know Loppy? He might know. His studio is down in the Third Ward.

Probably someone like Rick Holmes...

Joe, I realize that a true professional would play what's put in front of them, but...

Your voice is high...
    Now you must die...
    Before I throw you...(throw you)
    I'll drive this stake straight through your heart.

It'll go-
    Straight through your heart...
    Straight through your heart...

6. Wait, I thought this was the jingle for Belden Jewelers...slow, lite and easy listenning crap, right?
  7. It has this guy with this high, whiny voice singing-
    "I love her so, that she must know..."

It's on most every commercial break on most every radio station around here.

After looking into this- it very well may be-

OK, that didn't exactly format right, but it looks like Sterling jewelers is the subsidiary of Signet Group, of which Shaw's and Belden are a member of.
  8. Yeah, that jingle is the crap. Fo' shizzle.
  9. Not only is it crap- but it's crap that's not localized just around here- you're subjected to it halfway across the country!
  10. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI

11. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    "The way that I show her, has got to go straight to the heart..."

Hey, Man - the cool bass part doesn't start until after Whiney-and-Whipped sings "...has got to go straight to the heart".

I wait 'til the second half before I turn up the radio.

When Crossfade's Cold comes on I turn it up at the beginning; when Sad But True come on, I might turn up the radio and pull the car over.