Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strang noise comming from my Bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by cheezkid, Mar 3, 2005.

1. cheezkid

cheezkid

Mar 15, 2002
    Connecticut, USA
    Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes...I just picked-up a Warwick Corvette Standard 4 string w/passive electronics. The problem is when ever I play standing up if I move the bass I get a clicking sound from it. I've checked the input jack and no problems there. In fact the only time I get the clicking is when the bass's full weight is on the strap. I can hold the bass up and shake it and get no clicking sound.

I did install strap locks using the orginal screws and I installed a Hipsot d tuner. I changed the stap lacks back to the original ones and still get the noise.

Some please help!

I

2. I was reading over your post, and thought maybe I could throw a couple of ideas at you.
    Do you use a cord or cordless? If corded, I have seen some really weird problems with cords having a bad spot in them. You can twist them, shake them, and sometimes not get it to act up unless it's plugged in. Do you run your cord through your strap before you plug it in? If so, could the weight of the bass on the strap cause the cord to act up? Could it be pulling slightly on the input jack? Maybe enough to cause it to lose contact and make that sound?

I can't think of any reason why the electronics of your bass would mess up as you're describing, unless there was a loose contact.
    Surely any loose connection would show itself when you shook the bass around. I can't imagine a straplock screw long enough to cause a problem with the electronics.

Just some ideas..

Mag...

3. cheezkid

cheezkid

Mar 15, 2002
    Connecticut, USA
    I've tried two different amps, several cables and straps. I went wireless. I've tried it all and still that noise only when It's hanging on the strap!