1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strange Ampeg Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by liquid-dream-ex, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Hi guys, need some help here.

Yesterday at a Gig there was a bass-amp supllied. I was an Ampeg combo, but i've never seen one like it.

It had 2 Speakers and a horn, the speakers had very different sizes. There was a bigger one at the bottom and one, quite smaller one (less than 10" for sure) on the top right and on the top left there was a horn.

The faceplate was front mounted, and it featured one input, pad switch, gain, 3(of4)band EQ, graphic EQ, then master volume and a balance(!)knob. I think it also had a distortion, but i can't remember exactly. And it wasn't very loud, so it must have a low power-rating (my guess is less than 150 watt transistor).

Can you help me out here?

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    B3 Probably.

I think it was a 15 and a 10.

Was it black tolex and black grill?

3. Yes, that's the one. I've never seen one like it. Is it out of production?

It seems the small speaker was an 8", according to a review on Harmony central, and i was good on the power-rating guess. it IS 150W

4. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    DSC076291.

5. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    WAY WAY out of production.......

6. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

And way to heavy for what it actually did.