Strange, but true.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Spent, Jan 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    My new band is auditioning for the lead guitar position. We have a talented group, singer/guitarist, keyboard, drums and of course bass. The band is talented enough that a lead guitar is just icing on the cake, so we can take our time and find the right fit. Last night I think we found the right fit. Each of us was impressed with him and he played with the keyboardist and drummer in a previous band, so they vouched for his ability. We did a simple jam and he joined in, probably lasted 15 minutes. So what makes this so strange? The first thing he did when we stopped was to turn to me and say "I love your tone." After he left he got unanimous approval, and while he certainly has the talent, he had my at the tone comment.

2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Buy lottery tickets.

btmpancake likes this.
  3. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    My thought exactly!

charlie monroe likes this.
  4. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    FE4846DE-5F10-4255-A388-606BC096AF78.jpeg

Jk. Enjoy!

Spent, Oddly and charlie monroe like this.
  5. Bullitt5135

Bullitt5135 Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2010
    SE Michigan
    A bromance is born.

6. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I would have said, "Yeah, but how about my timbre?" :woot:

7. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    This seems suspicious. Maybe the other guys in the band put him up to it? Was there sniggering?

8. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I see you share my suspicious nature, but he seemed sincere. I probably should have mentioned he’s a lawyer. Still, he truly seemed impressed. And before anyone askes, he was sober.

Oddly and charlie monroe like this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021