Strange Dreams Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    This thread was created by me in order for us TBers to share our most odd dreams. Not aspirations, actual dreams. And also, keep it PG.

Last night, I had a dream where I was sitting outside of a local elementary school under a tree. There were two buses in the parking lot. One of the doors of the first bus opened and a bunch of very young Japanese or Korean kids came out in line wearing full karate or tae kwan do gear accompanied by an untraditional headband. Next, the other school bus opened and the varsity and JV football teams from my school just start ramming down these kids. I start screaming, "STOP IT!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" But it doesn't seem to do any good.

P.S. The football team was in full football gear.
  2. bloodfairy13

Feb 27, 2004
    I had a dream once that I was riding a horse and my Cowboy hat that I was wearing was too big and it almost fell off...It was kinda weird b/c I had been riding and I had been wearing a hat and it almost fell off...but it wasn't my cowboy hat like it was in the you understand what I mean???
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I have very vivid dreams. I dream in vivid color and with dimension and depth.

Because I have hypertension, my dreams always become very scary as my blood pressure rises, even though I remain asleep.

However, I learned to do "dream control." If I don't like what's going on, I often can stop what is going wrong and control the dream.

You might try this site just for starters -

A sleep therapist is someone I hope to see.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Very interesting rick, I often have very vivid dreams as well, bordering on lucid but I can't really CONTROL them, it's something I'd like to try to learn sometime.
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Man! Just the other night I was flying over the Mississipi River at about 700 feet on a doorless car where I was holding on to the seat to stay on the cushion...........full color, sound, dimension, height, depth, perspective, everything!!!! Then two of my friends jumped off to dive. In the meantime, the "doorless car" was ascending higher and higher into the night.

Of course, it's REM sleep.......the stage that's SUPPOSED to get you the most rested.

With dream control, I "brought" the car back down to the highway and we went to a fireworks stand because I manipulate "the plot."

This may have sounded so stupid, but being able to describe your fearful dreams to someone is so helpful.

The upside is that I often hear beautiful, original, music before I awake.
  6. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Anybody ever been a chronic pot smoker (read daily) and gone years without having any dreams, or at least without ever remembering or being aware of any dreams at all, only to quit smoking pot and a few weeks later resuming dreaming on a several per night basis like a normal person, then to go back to smoking and again stop dreaming, quit again and dream again - thus clearly drawing the conclusion that there is a direct coloration. … because a friend of mine assures me that this is the case. Just curious if anybody else can back this up or explain why this is.
  7. I have to say the wielrdest dream I ever had is this. Sorry if i offend anybody, bc its a little sac-religious. I don't remember all of it, it was scary as heck, but the jist of it was that aliens were using the signs of Christ's next coming to trick people into be utterly defenseless, so then they take over the world.
  8. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    that would make a cool movie.
  9. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA

I will semi back this up. I stopped smoking for about a year right out of highschool and had EXTREMELY vivid dreams, almost too much so. They were crazy realistic and I always remembered all the details, etc etc. Anyway, cut to 4 years later and a multiple bong a day habit... I could not seriously tell you if I even dreamed last night or not.
  10. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    Had a dream last month.

It was like C-SPAN, except it was broadcasted straight from hell. Terrible terrible debate, containing all the horrible things I've seen people use in debates or presentations.

Vivid detail: both sides were using live turtles as visual aides for some reason, and as such, had to keep putting them back in front of them, since they were moving around too much and trying to escape from the table. Very distracting.
  11. about 3 years ago, when i was in alot of psychedelic rock band , i did a line of coke(something im glad i gave up), i went to sleep and had a very scary dream. I was on a golf course that was an Island surrounded by an ocean of battery acid. And the people i was playing golf with were Hitler, Jim Morrison, a naked indian(seriously , not just Waynes world nostalgia) Jack Nicholson, and Tito. And i soon found that whenever i missed a shot , they would cut off one of my fingers. So at the end of the game , hitler was ahead and me and Jim Morrison were fingerless. And to end it all We all started dancing to MC Hammers "Cant touch This". I woke up in a cold sweat.
  12. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    THC, the active element in Cannabis, affects short term memory, you are still dreaming probably, just cant recall it after waking up. Pot is kinda bad for remembering where your front door keys are too (right after you've put them in your pocket..) :p
  13. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I have recently started remembering a lot of my dreams and for some reason they are all really boring. The strange thing about them is that they are so boring that it is really hard to differentiate between them and everything else.
  14. Zon , is that a pirate kitty ?!?!?!?!?!?!
  15. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Yes, I am (to the best of my knowledge) the last of my clan.
  16. Amazing, they do exist. All those years my parents told me to forget about my imaginary friends........
  17. and that was exactly what i thought when i woke up

False Resurrection: Coming July 2023
  18. dude, thats funny as he**
  19. i always have really wired dream but useally i gforget the by the time i get to work