Strange facts about you and bass.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Shearstown, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    I'm 17 and i think about basses more than I think of women.

I played and was satisfied with the same bass for almost three years, and within 2 months of coming here I put money down on a Fender Jazz.

If I can't find the time in a day not to practice for ANY amount of time I feel bad and get mad at myself.

Since coming here I can now identify almost any bass I see on TV.
  2. Mir Curo

Mir Curo Guest

Jan 4, 2006
    ahaha im the say way i think more about Bass than i think of women its not that i don't love women is just that i love bass more and from time to time i fall asleep while playing. I have also named my bass "Sucrinaes" the fretless bass
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I had to go to NYC to look at places to live, because I'm moving back there in June. Anyway, I get back, pat my dog's head, and run over to open my bass cases to rub my babies. Sad, I know.
  4. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA

Keep up with it. I have a bass that's been through almost all of my girlfriends. It's been more faithful than they have been.
  5. I eat sleep drink and think about the bass all the time, hell Im trying to figure if I want a rig of doom or a combo amp at the moment :bassist: :bag:
  6. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    i must've read the last part wrong... but yeah, I don't think about bass more than women, but its pretty darn close
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    At 17, you are showing some real brains to think about bass more than women. The last thing you need is to get screwed over by a chick who's jealous of your hobby (and believe me, at that age they all are).
  8. When I was in high school, I often brought one of my basses to school for music class. I had to take a school bus every day, and it was a 30-45 minute ride, sometimes more depending on traffic. I had to wake up at 6:30 every morning and I'm not exactly a "morning person". With my headphones on, I would usually fall asleep for most of the ride. I left my bass standing next to me, leaning against the seat. The first time this happened, I was awakened by a classmate because my bass had fallen over. After that, I strapped my bass into the seatbelt every day. It worked just fine, but the other kids always thought it was funny when they saw me do it. Not that I cared, I had to protect my baby. And I was tired! :bassist:
  9. Mach1FT

Jan 5, 2006
    Manchester NH
    What do you call a Bass player with no girlfriend???

10. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    I think about music more than I do women, it's a logical use of time, sex doesnt take as long as listening to the average album, for example and I'm certain I spend more time practicing bass every day :rollno:

One thing I would say is dont beat yourself up over not praticing every day. Dont get me wrong, praticing and playing EVERY day is very important, but there are bigger, more important things in life.. family and friends being two prime examples :)
    I play every day for at least 30 mins... usually closer to 1.5/ 2 hours, but sometimes I have stuff to do that is more important. THe way I see it, if I didnt have a life, I'd have nothing to make music for or about.
  11. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I keep a bass in my bedroom just incase I have any midnight bass urges.

In my little car, I have fit an Avatar Cab, mixer board, 2 basses, 3 stands, 2 people, and some other junk.
  12. I play (non-amped) in the middle of the night while looking out my window. And I'm only wearing boxers to sleep, so I'm freezing my *** off.

And I've dreamt about music more than I've dreamt about women. A LOT more.
  13. I was thinking "he ain't in the groove"! :D
  14. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    If i'm playing up in my room and I get really tired, alot of the time i'll end up sleeping with my bass.

When I first got my Fretless (1st bass bought on my own) I did sleep with it. Just a rite of passage for me :D haha

15. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    It does if you're me :eek: :bassist:

seriously though folks, i think about bass more than i do women. Basses are sexier, more faithful, only talk when you want them to, and they make you feel better when your blue. its a pretty clear cut choice
  16. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    I've been seriously slacking on my bass practie as of lately.

I got out of bed because I had the strongest urge to play bass, and I often do get up real late because I just need to play.
  17. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    Hmm, now ive heard ryan from mudvayne does this with his bass, i'd be too scared!, i would hate to roll over on it in my sleep and mess up the neck or something you know.. :meh:
  18. Basses are like women. Some prefer short sizes, some prefer Full sizes, but you can never, ever have just one. :)
  19. I am the same way,except with a SX SJB57.
  20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You know all that stuff I've said about buying a lot of high-end basses to make up for poor mothering? It's true.