1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strange Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slackerprince, Mar 18, 2009.

1. I've never seen one like this:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/msg/1080334299.html

It is a Precision with P/J pickups, but what about that pickguard?
    Maybe you know about it, but I just thought it was strange, or at least interesting.
    Not a bad deal, either.

S.

2. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    is that what they call cowpokes??

3. Cowpoke.

4. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    And a good price, at that.

5. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Its an MIM Fender Precision Special, stacked knobs, active (1 9vlt), P and J pups, neck a bit longer then the average P and neck dimensions something between a P and a J. Its also know as a 'Cowpoke'. :bassist: And Im about to contact the seller provided its still there now that its been posted here... :(

6. lowselfesteem

lowselfesteem

Jun 24, 2007
    michigan
    I like the looks of that! Good luck

7. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Theres a club thread on them here but probably a few pages page by now but it does get bumped occasionally. Check out the club thread. ^_^ I might go bump it now. I just sent an email to the seller. If its meant to be it will happen, if not well...that will suck. LOL!

8. That is one heckuva deal. I'd buy it if it were closer.

9. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Heres the thread devoted to everything Cowpoke, OP:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506195&highlight=Cowpoke

I haven't heard back from the seller yet. Course I just email him not long ago, hes probably at work. Ive got one Cowpoke but wanted a back up. Ive always been a day late and a dollar short on the ones Ive found. Then I had one offered to me here and I was all set to get it and that vintage (78) Fender P was laid at my feet so I let the other Cowpoke go to get it and then they changed their mind...grrrr and the cowpoke was sold here to someone else. Ahh well, such is life.

10. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Ok I heard back from the seller. He still has it but doesn't want to make the drive halfway to meet me to pay for it. I really cant get over to where hes at (we are about 70 miles apart, my muscle cars get gallons to the mile....halfway is one thing...all the way into tampa just ain't happening for me) so you guys have at it, Im stepping aside :crying:

OP, you are in Tampa, that bass is in Tampa. I say GRAB IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a steal!!!!

11. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    One of these hung in the local GC for months. It started out at $599. They moved it for $349 a few weeks ago.

G

12. They still got a good price for it. They tend to go for $250-350 on the used market. Usually towards the lower side.

13. 300 bucks with an amp and case? thats a pretty decent deal.

14. SpikeyAsian

SpikeyAsian

May 21, 2007
    Connecticut
    I got mine used for $300 for just the bass and it's absolutely worth it. Looks like it has a BAII upgrade on it too. sweet finish too. grab it if you can!!!

15. lavmonga

lavmonga

Jul 27, 2007
    New York, NY
    Mooooooooo!

16. Needing to be milked? :D

17. ffeJ83

ffeJ83 Banned

Feb 5, 2009
    Jonesboro,LA
    I just gave the guy a call, cause I was going to make a 78 mile drive to get it. He said someone is meeting him at 9PM to buy it.:crying:

18. People should know better than to post basses they're interested in on a public forum. Other people are going to steal them from you. It's a well known fact.

19. I feel your pain.

I drive a '70 Charger with a 472 Crate Hemi.

The gas mileage is well... bad. But, man, what a car!

Can't beat good old American muscle.

20. ffeJ83

ffeJ83 Banned

Feb 5, 2009
    Jonesboro,LA
    This thread is how I found out about it.