strange gig

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by paz, Mar 11, 2005.

1. paz

paz Banned

Jun 26, 2001
    Seaton, Devon, England
    well my band were the first band on at this monthly rock nite we have, and we played a pretty good set. neway another band played and after that the lights went on and a person announced that the nite was over (another 3 bands were ment to play!)
    apparently there were a few fights outside but that wasn't anyones problem inside the venue, no one left and there was nearly a riot and after 40 minutes the next band went on and did a 20 minute set.
    after this a noisecore band went on and played the biggest amount of s**t ive ever heard, they purposely were out of tune with each other and all i could hear were screams and noise. half way thru their set, they decided to kick our guitarists amp they were borrowing and nearly wrecked our drummers brand new kit. they didn't even ask any of us if they could use our equipment (all the bands were using our gear) like everyone else kindly did.
    they blew one of our pa speakers and power amps, and our drummer nearly started a fight with them.
    the thing that disturbed me the most however was when the bass player threw his fender USA!! jazz bass about 20 feet across the stage.
    these guys took the biscuit and everyone in the crowd booed them, they ran away before we could catch up with them. however we've got a new marshall 4x12 cab that they left behind
    man what a crazy nite
  2. Man... that's just insane. But at least you got a new cab out of it! Did you happen to get that bass too?
  3. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Wow! It was like bad performance art!
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Why do people abuse their gear? Why do people abuse your gear?!
  5. paz

paz Banned

Jun 26, 2001
    Seaton, Devon, England
    they trashed our gear, took libities, made half the audience disapear and made really bad music, oh and they were all on drugs :meh:

no the bass player ran off before i could beat him :spit:
  6. wow that's insane.

How did they blow your pa speakers and power amps? Turning them up to loud?
  7. Did you grab the bass..? That ***$$$ deserves not to ever play again... Please, please say you grabbed it...
  8. paz

paz Banned

Jun 26, 2001
    Seaton, Devon, England
    well we went to the venue about 3 hours before the gig to set up the pa and drums for us and all the other bands to get a really good sound. after we played all the other bands just decided to turn up their marshall stacks as loud as they go so the drums and vox couldnt be heard.
    the noisecore band were all off their heads and turned up the pa full blast, it broke after 2 minutes. our poor baby gone :crying:

i wish i got that bass, but the guy ran off very quickly.. damm