1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Strange offer??!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by StoutXXX, Feb 5, 2004.

1. I got an offer to trade my 90's DC-5 mesa all tube guitar head(which rules) for a Johnson250 millenium digital guitar head with more options than could drool at for hours flat out.... do i do it? I love the simplicity and sound of the mesa but is it worth it in the long run for a non gigging guitarist to swap?

2. Pete

Pete

Jan 3, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    No, the johnson will be worth nothing in a few short years and the mesa will still have value. Plus Johnson's sound like turds.
    pete

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    NO WAY

Mesa= quality
    Johnson=crap

Mesa=resale
    Johnson=crap

Mesa=tone
    Johnson=crap

Tubes=tone
    Digital Modeling=CRAP

4. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What Tim said.

Doesn't matter how many options there are if all the options are crap.

5. HAHA OK OK I feel bad for even thinking it. I love tubes for guitarr and I guess I will NOT trade.

6. I heard Johnson makes horrible products,no matter how many knobs it has on it :D

7. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I have a few different modeler thingies, and they're actually kinda fun. One of them works much better for bass than guitar, surprisingly. They all work a lot better if you run 'em through a few tube stages, which is a big clue. If you're really intrigued, trade with the guy for a week. That should be long enough for you to see the error of your ways. :cool: