Strange Question about a Wooten Show...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by John Deppel, Mar 23, 2004.

1. I have no idea which forum I should post this in, but this one seems to fit it the best.

I saw an "instrument" used by Joseph Wooten at a recent Wooten show I went to. No this is probably going to sound like a really lame description, but it's the best I can come up with. He was using this thing that basically looked like an antenna, and we would move his hand around it, causing some pretty cool electronic sounds to be produced.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about, and if so, what the heck is it? I don't know why, but I want one! :D
  2. knight

Nov 3, 2002
    It's probably a theremin. You can find lots of information about it (and buy it!) on Bob Moog's site:

3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

It's a theremin. You have probably heard them many times and you didn't even realize it. Joe uses it to do a scratchy vinyl's kinda cool but he has been doing the exact same thing on it for years.
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    "Good Vibrations"-The Beach Boys
    The tune that put the instrument on the Pop map!

The 'Tones' recent 3-cd set has Joe Wooten & a young girl(Sorry, her name is escapes me) playing the theremin...both have a different approach. The liner notes mention the girl as some sorta theremin savant!