1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Strangely shaped 5 string headless...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ERIC31, Apr 2, 2018.

1. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    ED2261E4-A94A-463C-B43E-1F3ADA2D9A47. I was watching a live set by a band named Suffocation. Their bassis has a strange looking 5 string headless bass. Looks like a mutated BC Rich Warlock.

What do you think of it?

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I think he needs a longer strap for that...

Reedt2000, Torrente Cro and mbelue like this.
  3. electrichead

electrichead

Nov 29, 2013
    Devil's Choice - Kreature Bass

It's a bit over the top but perfect for death metal. Boyer used to play a signature BC Rich Warlock.

ERIC31 likes this.
  4. chanson

chanson Supporting Member

Here's another shot of one of the newer models Derek has been using. Honestly they look pretty cool I think. Pretty unique. It almost reminds me of a Buzzard in some ways.

Does anyone have any experience with Devils Choice? Derek Boyers is basically the only bassist I've seen use them.

Attached Files:

5. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    I remember reading something about how he has the bass that low because of some sort of injury he has.

Edited to add link and quote from that bass player.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  6. chanson

chanson Supporting Member

Yup...his newer customs from that builder even have a metal sort of spike at the bottom for the bass to rest on when he plays it vertically, similar to a cello.