Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strangest coworkers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ian Hall, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Ian Hall

Ian Hall

May 31, 2002
    Rialto,CA
    Lets see who has the strangest coworker story!

I have one who owns every piece of hardware ever made by Apple(including the new iMac's, G4's, Titanium notebook, 20th anniversary, all that stuff) but does not own a running vehicle and is 28 years old still living with his parents.

He also microwaves the unrefrigerated cooler water because he says it is too cold for him to drink. Hmmm......

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    You win.

3. i agree, you have topped me also on that. wow.:D :eek:

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I have a co-worker who takes her shoes off and stands on paper towels. She wants to be barefoot but the floor is too dirty for her. This person has changed her last name back and forth between two names six times. She randomly challenges people to "a dance off!" She skips everywhere she goes. She believes that the other workers form cabals to plot against her. She has somehow purchased and had a car reposed three times. She took a trip to Washington D.C. with a fifty year old co-worker (she's about 29) and came back alone claiming he wouldn't give her the "pictures". I don't know what happened but he was out for a month's leave of absence. She stripped naked and walked around the building for a cup of coffee. She filed a grievance with the union over something she did. I could go on and on. I do tech support for an office that pays a lot to people with no skills at all to make fundraising phone calls. Most of the people here are normal, but we get a lot of the fringe.

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

That must be a very "interesting" office, Joshua.

Within the same corporate headquarters I worked in during a "previous life", we had a couple of goodies;

- One guy was so anal-retentive about having a clean desk when he left for the day, he would gather up everything on his desk at the end of the day, put it in "Inter-Office Correspondence" mailers and address it all to come back to him the next morning so his desk could be perfectly empty when he went home.
    The next morning, he would just find the mail packages in his inbox and open them to get back to what he was working on.

- Another guy was so addicted to nicotene, (as we learned from business trips with him), that he would call the hotel desk to give him a wake-up call at 3 am so he could get up and puff on some butts. (I think he may be dead now).

6. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I'm very, very scared after reading these posts, yet at the same time, much more content with my job.

7. When I worked at the grocery store cutting fish, I worked with a 30 something year old history major who'd been working there since he was 18. He lived at home with his parents, and in his spare time he set up huge domino displays at local elementary schools. He's a pretty nice guy.

8. Hey Blisshead... is she hot? She sounds like a awesome co-worker.. :p

:D:D

Merls

9. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    One of the ladies here wears, up to the butt, mini skirts and no panties. Isn't that wierd? Every time she bends over, there is damn near a riot to check her out.

10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Pix???

11. I have a coworker who is a bit on the autistic(sp?) side. He's like 45, and knows just about EVRERYTHING about sports. And that makes him a pretty cool guy.

Anyway, thats not too weird, but this is: he hates all rated R movies, with a passion. And this a movie theater we work at, so those are everywhere. He won't go in to clean a rated R movie, no matter how big and busy that movie was. And he starts limping and acting like he is having a heart attack everytime he passes a theater that has a rated R movie in it. A couple times we REALLY thought he was having a heart attack, he goes so far as to learn against the wall and slunk down breathing all heavy spilling all the contents of his porter. He has also been known to smack rated R movie posters with his broom.

But he loves his rated G and sports related movies. So much so that he will actually go up to random customers and tell them about movies that are coming out on DVD or something. He also salutes rated G movie posters as he passes them by. He also goes up to people wearing hats that have a sports team on it and tells them the next time they play, and what he thinks of them, ect.

And he hates Britney Spears. For a while, we had a little advertisement before the movies with Britney Spears singing about Pepsi or something. But he only likes Diet Pepsi, and he was pretty mad that she never mentioned Diet. He would go around calling her "stupid lady."

And to top it all off, he eats some of the left over food from the theaters!

12. Tyler Dupont

Tyler Dupont Wesly Headpush

I AM the weird co-worker. :confused:

13. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001

Nope, lunacy and time have taken a heavy toll on her. That and she's a big a**hole.

14. ok where i work is pretty tame compared to you all. wow. :D :) :eek:

15. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    abou thtat movie theater guy, what if there wa sa movie that was about sports, but rated R? would he shake violently and his head explode or something? :D

16. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i'm wondering what is the winner so far: Spankbass's or Blisshead's coworker. I think the first on wins for geekiest and nanook's wins for coolest.

17. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Of all the "what-the-****-did-they-hire-that-tard-for?" people
    in this fine fine company :rolleyes:, I'd have to say the most repulsive
    would be a lanky feller who's earned the nickname "Spanky"
    by practicing...uhhh...onanism repeatedly and as often as possible
    in the company loo.

18. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    We have one of those too. He has what is understood to be "his" stall in the restroom. The boss wants to fire him, but she's way to embarrassed to do it.

19. Ian Hall

Ian Hall

May 31, 2002
    Rialto,CA
    Oh, yeah, and by the way, he owns the "official" star fleet uniform for the captian from Star Trek.

The ship replica models.

The original series on video tape.

The mousepad.

And the coffee mug.

The virtual starship tour computer program.

Collects the action figures.

And the collectible plates.

Shall I add...

THE SHANIA TWAIN FANCLUB(among others)

:) Besides being a bit strange, he's Ok to work with and generally a nice guy.

20. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    strange isn't the right word, inwbcstm, you are looking for an adjective along the lines of GEEKY or NERDY.