strangest feature of a song

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by f'nar f'nar, May 15, 2005.

1. I was at a friends house the other day and we where listening to his heavy metal collection. We came across this song on a MP3 disc that was just called Unknown Artist- Track 1. we where listening to it and suddenly his dog runs in the room and starts barking and going mental, absolutely nuts! So we turn it off and the dog stops barking. We started the song again keeping the dog in the room and sure enough, at the sme point in the song, the dog goes mental!
    He tells me to take the CD home so I can check it out on one of my computer programs which u can use to break down music. I played it through once and at the same time, my dog gets up and runs out of the room and starts scratching at the back door to get out.
    I look a look at that part of the song and it said there was an EXTREMELY high frequency at that point, I couldnt hear it, and neither could my friend, or my family.
    My brother suggested that maybe, it was one of those frequencies audiable only to dogs... I guess I'll never know...
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I think whoever these guys are... they hate dogs.
  3. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    I joined the band Ariel a couple of years ago, so this happened before I had even met them. There's a song about wherewolves on their second album. It starts (audibly) with crickets chirping for a little bit before the main guitar riff, but they recorded a dog whistle (inaudible) over it. Not only that, they mastered it so that the dog whistle is LOUD, so when you play the album, your dog/cat goes nuts, and the meters on the front of your stereo scream red. Pretty cool, I thought.
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Maybe it's the animal lover in me... but I find it pointless/dickheaded. :rollno:

Plus, it's not good for your audio track. :spit:
  5. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, that does sound pretty cool. I don't know about you guys but I absolutely ADORE causing physical pain to animals.

Anybody who does this is an idiot. An absolute idiot whom I feel nothing but sorrow for.

6. Putting a high freq. whistle in their music or putting a loud high freq whistle in their music? There's a pretty big difference.
  7. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    It's original, I'll give 'em that much...

But oh, OH so ridiculous. Can't we just get back to playing extremely inappropriate flat fifths and having a musician's chuckle?