Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

strangest thing...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Mar 5, 2002.

1. so i was at tower records last night, and while i was browsing, i came across "the essential Divinyls." so i peeked at the track listing, and "i touch myself" isn't on there! i mean, what the heck else did they do?? can anyone name another song by them, off the top of your head? how can you have an "essential" collection by them without that song?

just seemed weird. don't mind me, i didn't get enough sleep... :rolleyes::p

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Is there a secret cabal of die hard fans that are offended that the touching yourself song is the only one people have ever heard of?

3. I know they existed long before they had their big US hit. What they did is beyond me. They're Australian or New Zealanders, right?

4. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    The "Essential" compilation was released in `87

"I Touch Myself" was (I think) released in `91

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Put a fork in that mystery.

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I know they had at least one other hit, but I can't think of it right now. I know when I heard it and heard it was them, I was like, "Wow! The Divinyls! I thought all they did was that 'I Touch Myself' song!"

I'm gonna look and see if I can find out the name of it.

EDIT: The song I was referring to may have been called "Only Lonely," but I can't be sure unless I hear it. Also, the release Make You Happy (1981 - 1993) contains "I Touch Myself."