Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stranglehold

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by TheFrizzleFry, May 8, 2001.

1. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    ALright I know you guys hate it when people ask for tabs and tell the people who posted to "figure it out" themselves. But either I'm not good at all at figuring stuff out or "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent is a crazy riff. I can't get it down. At first I thought it was a simple riff but he does some crazy stuff in there. Slides or something I dunno... could you guys help me out... pleeeeeease.... I'll be your friend.

2. It is a simple riff; it just sounds like there are slides in there because the bass is put through a phaser effect.

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    My band has been playing that song for years now...are you talking about the main bass riff that repeats continually through the song, or the bass "solo" when the progression changes to F#, just before the guitar solo section?

The main riff is simply a G-A hammer-on at the 5th and 7th fret of the D string, followed immediately by an open A, then an alternating C-D (A string) and G-A (E string)

As for the solo, yeah, it's pretty crazy with lots of whacked out bending...be hard to give you an explanation in text form.

4. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    Thanks guys, does anyone know where a decent tab so you don't have to explain it "in text form". I know the one on here isn't really on the money.