Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strap Buttons

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by FreeSpirit, Aug 15, 2004.

1. okay, on my P-Bass, since i took off the factory buttons and put on strap locks, the strap locks always fall out. and not just like off the lock, but the whole thing falls out of my bass. i have tried putting in tooth picks, and the opposite end of matches(because they were thicker then a toothpick,) but they seem to always fall out. i think my only option left is to go buy thicker screws from the local hardware store. if anyone has any ideas or little tricks they have found please help me out.

kyle

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Dip the toothpick in wood glue first. Or fill the cavity with wood filler and then run the screw in. Wipe off the excess before it dries.

In either case, let the bass sit a day before putting stress on the strap buttons.

Don't worry about using glue. If you really need to remove the screw, it'll still come out later.