1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strap for a Conklin GTBD-7

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by theguy316, Oct 14, 2018.

1. theguy316

theguy316

May 4, 2018
    Santa Cruz
    Hey dudes, I'm having a tough time finding a comfortable strap for my Conklin GTBD 7 string.

Between the upper horn strap pin location and the little "hump" directly next to the other pin, I feel like my choices are very limited! I've gone through 4 or 5 straps trying to find the right one, but I'm still SOL!

Any big Conklin fans here? Share your wisdom! Thanks. :)

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Straploks. Then finding a strap wouldn't be nearly the problem that is is now.

3. theguy316

theguy316

May 4, 2018
    Santa Cruz
    I've got a set of straploks! The "twist" in the strap the upper horn (the pin is "behind" the horn, not on the tip) creates rubs against my neck/shoulder in a nasty way.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    You can't reverse the way the button attaches to the strap?

5. theguy316

theguy316

May 4, 2018
    Santa Cruz
    Like drilling a new hole?

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    No, sticking the Straplok through the strap in the opposite direction so there's no twist.

theguy316 likes this.
  7. theguy316

theguy316

May 4, 2018
    Santa Cruz
    If I'm understanding you correctly, I ended up putting on the strap "upside down", i.e. the strap hooked onto the pin, and then went underneath the horn; this worked perfectly. My neck is no longer being rubbed raw! Not sure if this is what you were advising, but this problem is solved. Thanks!

Now, to fix the preamp...

JimmyM likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021