Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strap Hight in accordance to sitting position

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Well...just a tip that ive foud helpful, i found that its much more comfortable to play sitting in a classical postion, bass between the legs with the strap set to just hold the bass at that height so when you stand up the bas sis roughly in the same place as it was when you were sitting down...it also makes sense...cos you may practise sitting down..but when you stand up the bass is in a different position which kinda makes what you practised sitting down kinda useless

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I find that something gets in the way when I put the bass between my legs :p. That's right, my cell phone.. ;)

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    You weren't the first to think of it, but it is a great way to have your strap set. I have done it to all four of the basses i have owned.

4. Mongeaux

Mongeaux

Apr 14, 2004
    Hey, I havent tried playing bass in that position. I do play guitar in that position but never tried it on bass. I just assumed that the neck length on a bass would make that hard to do.