Strap holding thing

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Aug 22, 2004.

1. i was playing my old ibanez like 3 weeks ago at my friends house and when i went to go stand up with it the screw that help the strap lock in ripped out, cause the bass to slam onto the cold concrete floor. so now onto the actually question, i need to fill the hole in the bass that the screw used to be in so i can drill a new screw back into the bass, any idea on what is good to fill the hole with and will be strong enough to handle flipping the bass and jumping and stuff?? thanks to anyone that has any positive feed back.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Fill the hole with broken off toothpicks or matchsticks and Elmer's glue. Let it sit overnight, and then screw the strap pin back in.

I am moving this to our Setup forum, which is for repairs and modifications.
  3. CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    The advise given by embillisher does work, and I recommened it to anyone who encountered such a problem. I did something similar to my bass, and it holds well! :)