Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

strap lock

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by XDamianX, Sep 22, 2002.

1. XDamianX

XDamianX

Sep 11, 2002
    i ripped out my strap lock today at band practice, does anyone know what i should do to get it fixed, like what would a music shop do to fix it?

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I would start off by putting this in the right forum......

3. I'd be interested in knowing how exactly you ripped it out, but any music shop should be able to help you out. I imagine you'll need to replace it.

4. I'm going to put this in misc. It's that or basses, i think this may be the better choice.

5. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    when my strap lock came out i poured some super glue into the hole & then put the screw back in. I know this would probably really suck if i decided to take the strap locks out, but this way hopefully it will stay put. thats all

6. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Shove tooth picks in until they're packed...break them off at the tip of the horn, and re drill...worked for me

-cap

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Great tip. Put some wood glue or Elmer's glue in with the toothpick.

8. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I just fixed my strap peg.
    I put some elmers glue and and a tooth pick in and waited for it to dry. Then I cut the toothpick off and sanded what I didn't break off. Then I just screwed it back in and that's that! Seems like there was never a problem at all.