Strap locks for an Ibanez SR506

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pedalguy1, Feb 13, 2009.

1. pedalguy1

pedalguy1

Jun 3, 2008
    Riverton Utah
    I bought one recently and it arrived today, but unfortunatly my proline strap locks dont fit. (The proline screws are too narrow and short while the Ibanez's are bigger). Have any of you guy's had the same problem?

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Just partially fill the holes with a toothpick and some Elmer's glue, and use your proline strap locks.

3. pedalguy1

pedalguy1

Jun 3, 2008
    Riverton Utah
    I dont think i can do it, the straplock screw is two narrow for the ibanz's holes. I tried screwing it in, and it ends up just spinning in place. I tried putting the ibaned screw through the strap lock button and its too big.

4. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    go to the the hardware store and get a screw that works, then fill the hole with a slurry of wood chips/dust (toothpicks, twig, sawdust, etc) and wood glue...then screw it in. I did it to my old Ibanez 4yrs ago. still holding.

In the end...they're just chromed wood screws anyway.

5. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    the dunlop locks are my personal fav...

6. Edim7add9

Edim7add9

Nov 12, 2008
    Ibanez basses usually use bigger screws for their straplocks. I just got a DiMarzio cliplock strap for my SR506. It's not everybodys thing, but it comes with two different sizes of screws and the larger ones fit fine.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021