Strap Locks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by h.henry, Jun 3, 2003.

1. h.henry

May 30, 2003
    Augusta, GA
    Hi ,
    Im looking for some strap locks to put on my new warwick standard. The locks I used to have on my electric are big and almost looks more like jewelry. They also have loose pieces that buzz when I hit notes, so these definitley will not suffice.

Anyone know of any really good locks that are inconspicuous (sp?) and dont affect the sound of your bass by adding an unwanted buzz?

2. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Schaller’s are nice, but are noticeable. Dunlop recessed strap locks are inconspicuous, but you have to drill into the bass :meh: could be iffy
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah I have recessed locks on my Fodera(I think it's a standard fodera thing) at anyrate, totally awesome, totally inconspicous, and they work perfectly.
  4. h.henry

May 30, 2003
    Augusta, GA
    thanks for your reply ,

do you know what kind they are and where I might be able to get them?

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    Dunlap makes excellent straplocks for those inverted Warwick post. They run about 25 bucks US. They come in black or chrome, and look good painted to match your strap.:hyper:
  6. I use Dunlop strap locks on my bass. They don't look conspicuous nor do they vibrate. Mine came in nickel color, which is great because all the hardware on my bass is nickel; tuning posts, bridge, even my strings.
  7. h.henry

May 30, 2003
    Augusta, GA
    could you guys do me a huge favor and maybe link me to a site with the dunlop's on them ?

I seem to be having a little trouble locating the right ones.

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Get Shallers. They are sturdy as heck.... and are sexy. They look so awsome for some reason.
  9. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I always use Dunlop straplocks, Carvin sells the real cheap, $9.99 each set ;)

Dunlop Straplocks Carvin Site
  10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Kewl... thanks for the link, Bass Guru!

I am a huge fan of the Dunlop Dual-Designs, that's all I use. My Warwick has the inlaid Dunlops but I wish it didn't... can't play it standing up without the locked strap.

That said: the strap portion of the Dunlop locks (any of 'em) is big clinky hardware; not quite as subtle as the Schaller strap portion.
  11. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

My old Fortress had the inlaid Dunlop Straplocks, and yes, you need to lock them to play standing, tha was one of my problems, but it wasn't a big deal.
  12. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    I also have a corvette standard, and mine came with Gold Dunlop strap locks, they used to be standard but from what I hear they arn't anymore. But about 2 months ago the strap locks started to come out at really bad times, so I posted on here about it and buzzbass told me about Dana B. Goods, a Warwick dealer and I e-mailed them about the problem and they helped me out, sent me a new set for I think 35 dollar shipped on COD. Here is a link to the thread I posted on.

Click Here

I hope I helped,