Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strap-Loks for my Warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by InfinityJaco, Jul 8, 2001.

1. InfinityJaco

InfinityJaco

Jun 5, 2001
    Illinois
    Hey,
    I'm looking for Strap-loks for my new Warwick Infinity bass. My old Jazz Bass has them on there but they won't fit on the Warwick. The screw that holds the button on the Warwick is too wide and too big to fit thru the Strap-Lok button. Does anyone know if you can buy bigger Strap-Loks?? (Not necessarily the button itself, but the at least the hole..)
    Does anyone else have this problem??

Chris

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Email Dana B Goods.. he should give some answers for that problem :)

DM

3. Jim Dunlop original Straplok for Warwicks.

4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yep you will have to get the jim dunlop strap locks! They are high too~!

5. Hey IJ do a search on it, strap locks and warwicks come up a pretty good amount here. I used schaller locks and used tooth picks to take up the screw slack.

6. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ya ive heard the whole toothe pick thing before! But i really like the jim dunlop strap locks i think they are very stable!

7. I had the same problem with my Ergodyne C...
    standard screws were bigger than schaller screws.. i made the hole in the straplock a little bigger ( 1 mm to be exact ), and made the head of the screw a little smaller, and it fits like a glove.

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Doesn't the Infinity come with strap locks?? I thought that all Warwicks came standard with them. Kind of wierd that my FNA came with em, but a high end bass like the Infinity doesn't. Anyway, I'll second what Eric Atkinson said, get the Dunlops.

9. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I think Warwick has dropped using Dunlop straplocks on new basses. Too many problems with them. Believe me, go out and buy some Schallers

10. Both my Thumbs (1990 & 1991) came with Schallers - the trick is to use a tiny spot of Loctite on the threads of the nut on the strap fastener so that the nut doesn't become loose (nail polish will do just as well). I've put Schallers on most of my basses.

- Wil

11. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Hmm, I haven't had any problems with the Dunlops, and I have had them on all my basses that I have owned.
    Are Schallers really that much better??

I guess you learn something new everyday.

12. schallers are great, i'd never use other straplocks..

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Does Schaller make Flush mounts like Dunlop? I'd really like some flushmounts for the upcoming bass...but this far I only know of Dunlop making the flush mounts...

14. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    I've got schallers on two of my basses and the recessed dunlops on my Warwick.

The Schallers I've had for ten years and apart from the strap button coming undone I've not had a problem with them.

I've had the dunlops for 8 years and I've not had a problem with them either.

One is as good as the other, they both work, but I like the smooth lines you get with the recessed dunlops - which is why a set is going on my Gecko (when it gets here....)

15. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois