Strap problem

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MJB, Dec 22, 2000.

1. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    I love the way my Geddy Jazz hangs on a strap. My Starfire and EB-O however have the strap button on the back, right behind the neck joint. The consequence of this is that the top wants to dive toward the floor. On the Gibson I'm considering putting a strap button on the upper horn, small as it is, but I hate to put an extra hole in it. Also, I don't see this as feasible on the Starfire since its a semi-hollow. Any ideas? Thanks!
  2. what about a small metal brack 3-4" long that you can attach to the existing strap buttom hole and attach the buttom to the top of this bracket this will alter the centre of gravity and raise the head as long as u experiment with the angle of the bracket

i know it doesn't convey my idea effectivley,, email me i'll do u a plan
  3. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    ty, I'm an engineer so I had no trouble picturing your idea in my head. I played the Gibson last night jamming with my son's friend and altering my playing position a bit seemed to work out OK. I'll probably just leave it. Thanks for the reply!
  4. MJB,

Nope. There is no solution to this problem. The cause is a deep spiritual dissonance between you and your Guild and Gibson basses.

But there is good news. I will take these basses off you hands for a very modest fee. Particularly the starfire. Just get in touch...

5. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Ah, the Starfire is a DeArmond Andy, I'm sure you don't really want it. :D