Strap Shirt

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by FreeSpirit, Aug 6, 2004.

1. has anyone seen these new t-shirts that are like straps or your bass....i saw a little soemthing in the new Bass Player Magazine, with Les on the cover. but i dont entirely understand how they work.can soemone please exlain, or show me a websie with them on them..

2. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I saw them, frankly, I think if it works correctly, it should do a very good job of distrubing weight. Or it would be the worst thing ever. Either way, it is certainly a neat idea.
  3. yeah thats why i want to learn more is about the weight distribution idea they have.
  4. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    They look cheesy though. I dunno bout other people, but I want to look cool on stage.
  5. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I would place this idea right next to Sans-A-Belt slacks and the double strap that looks like a bra. The only way I would use such a thing is if it came in the form of a Star Trek tunic.
  6. nerf

Jun 4, 2004
    :D :D
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Disturbing weight!!?? ;)

I think it could only lead to a ripped shirt!! :D
  8. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Waht is that??? :confused:

Rather interesting, though, I must join teh gang that wants more info, please :hyper:
  9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany

Stupid idea if you ask me (well, you probably don't, but anyway..).
  10. Um, no. This makes you look like you're Doug Henning, trying to pull off a really innane majic trick...

"Look, my baaaasssss izzzzz flooooaaaatinnnnng innnnn aaaiiiirrrrr!"
  11. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
  12. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    The person that came up with this idea is local to my area. I haven't seen the product first hand but he did allow Gary of GuitarX to checkout one of the prototypes. In talking with Gary, he seemed to be impressed with the design.
  13. hahahaha
  14. Hi all,

The ebozzzzzzz let me know that you were talking about the strap shirts. I know there's been a lack of info so I thought I'd help out. The guy that designed this shirt is a great friend of ours and he actually is coming up with a website. It should be up around the first of September. I think the URL will be

Anyway, I thought I'd pipe in because I saw a lot of misinformation flying around on the thread. The shirt doesn't change the normal weight distribution of the bass. It's simply a way to "clean up your look" and also even protect the instrument in some ways. The strap is held internally and the shirt has zippered or buttoned openings for the strap ends.

It certainly doesn't look goofy or anything. You can order the shirt in any style you like. So unless you're goofy, the shirt won't be goofy! :D And yes, you can probably order it in a Star Trek tunic if that turns you on!

A lot of guys might not care about hiding the strap, but for those musicians who need to dress nice for a gig or who wear expensive shirts it'll be a really cool product. If you've ever had an expensive shirt torn up or discolored by a strap you'll understand what I'm talking about. Also, for those who don't like their t-shirt all jumbled up by their strap it'll be cool too. And if you don't want that ultra hip political statement covered up by the strap, you'll dig it too!

One other nice thing is that the instrument won't have the strap connected to it when you walk away from it. If you've ever had someone's foot get caught in your strap when it's on its stand or sitting on the floor against your amp, you know exactly what can happen. CRRRRASH! :crying:

Anyway, I pointed Vern (the designer) to this forum and he'll most likely join up and let you know the details. Of course, he knows this won't be for everyone but it does address playing issues that he's come up against before.

Gary :bassist:
  15. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Guys, what other device "cleaned up the look" before this? POCKET PEN PROTECTORS!!!!! No offense man, but this is the nerdiest thing going for bass innovation right now. What's next, drummers gloves that hold the stick so they don't fly out by mistake? HEY, wait a minute.....