Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strap that goes High

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Because of my new battle with Carpal Tunnel I am finding it necessary to wear my bass in near fusion geek position. ;)

Does anyone know of a nicely padded, comfortable strap that will allow me to bring my bass to these altitude extremes? I need to get it pretty high for my wrist to be in a more suitalbe psition. There are millions of straps and I don't wanna spend a fortune trying to find the one.

Thx,

Mike

2. fusion geek.. :D LOL..

I have a planet waves strap with sliding pad.. Check 'em out..

www.planet-waves.com

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Pherhaps the short version of Comfort Strapp suits you fine?

Very good straps!

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    #2 for the Comfort Strapp...

...hey, everyone that works at Bass Central uses them, that is the best endorsement I can think of. I've had mine since '96, still use the same one every time I play, still in excellent condition, so it's pretty tough as well as very comfortable.

5. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    AHHHH... Those BC guys are a bunch of nobodys. :)You have them available at BC? I can't seem to find them anywhere else.

Mike

6. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Yeah, I got one of those Comfort Strapps @ BC, and it is quite appropriately named.

Just don't look down too quick, you could hurt your chin.

7. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Another thumbs up on the comfort strap....it's....comfortable!...goes pretty short, too (I also carry my bass high).

Only downside for me is that the double hooks don't fit on my Stingray strap holders.

Works great on my P-bass, tho.

peace

BTB

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    :spit:

;)

Yeah, we got 'em, PM or e-mail me if you want any details.

:D