1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Strap Weight?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by FunkMetalBass, Aug 8, 2012.

1. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I remember seeing a product a while back that wrapped around your strap and added weight to it to correct balance issues. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Before I go get supplies to make my own, I'd like to see if the product is still in production and possibly costs less than making one myself.

Thanks!

2. kinda a cool concept. are they just like those weights you put around your wrists and stuff. like, sand inside a compartmentalized sling. some Velcro on the end. how much do they usually weigh?

3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    I think they sell those at Low End Bass Shop.

4. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    I have no idea. I didn't read too far into them. They could also be small square scuba weights (that's how I was going to make mine) sewn into a cloth pouch type of thing.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

5. Exercise ankle weights come in different weights and attach with velcro. Exercise stores or Acadamy may have them.

6. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    I've never found any that were small enough to really work without a lot of sliding around, though I did put hang one from my strap to verify that adding weight would correct the issue.

After more searching, it sounds like the product I'm thinking of is just a strap with velcro pockets for attaching in weights and not an addition to my current strap. I guess I'll have to hop on the sewing machine and come up with something.