1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strap Woes and Help Needed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by nofrets5, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Such a high drama title for a strap thread but....

I have looked a number times for my ideal strap, and there must be one that fits my needs.

Needs to be able to go to short lengths, say 37" long, possibly a bit shorter and black for simplicity.

Needs to be nylon/seat belt material or something that doesn't absorb sweat like leather or the neoprene (sp) straps; also the neo straps are comfy but if you have an energetic show, the bass doesn't stay put; I end up wrapping my thumb around the neck to help keep it in the proper position.

Needs to either have all heavier duty plastic "hardware"; the rings that adjust and keep the strap flat, or some sort of light weight, coated metal, that will not ding the bass if the strap buckle were to hit on when taking off and putting on a stand.

Needs to be a 3" strap for comfort and would be GREAT if it had a decent comfort pad.

The closest I've found is a pretty inexpensive Dunlop made strap, but I can't get it quite short enough, and the "comfort" pad is less than comfy.

Also, I'm not looking to cheap out; though I don't want a custom leather strap, comfort and this criteria are really important so if anyone knows a custom strap maker that might "dumb down" their art and make something that you'd think would meet my needs, I'd pay for at least a couple of them.

Much Thanks !

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo